The best thing America ever gave us .....

• ...the concept of a 'mental health day'.

I learned it while working on a US base for a while, and I've decided to give myself one today.

Work's been intense, changing body is intense, trying not to go mad and overspend is intense, I've put myself out to meet a lot of people, which I find draining outside of a work context - and I'm just pooped! I should be out tonight (got stuff to do every single night this week, argh), joining a local choir - but I've emailed them for a raincheck. I can join next week - and today, I can mentally pull the covers over my head. MMMMMMM.

I'm lucky that my job means I can do this.
  • Good for you, Rosinante! I am out for physical health, not mental, but I must grant that (now I'm conscious and aware) the reprieve is very nice indeed.
  • You made a great choice! I think mental health days are so important.

Last Saturday, I was so tired and burned out from work that I spend the whole day napping, watching movies, spending quality time with my cats and I feel much better when I allow myself that luxury!
  • Good choice Rosinante! I use to hate it when my job was so stressful that I would spend the evenings and week-ends recuperating -- I have since changed jobs!