Old 09-18-2010, 03:53 PM   #31  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
I can take my foot to the podiatrist for treatment, without feeling ashamed that part of the problem is weight related; and I can get up on his couch without getting breathless.
Oh, this! I hadn't thought of that as I haven't been to the doctor yet. But the next time I have some sort of injury I won't worry that it's because of my weight and therefore not go. And if I ever end up on crutches again, maybe I'll actually be able to use them without it being so terribly painful. That was a lot of weight to hoist around on crutches.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:12 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 220/211/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Bell View Post
I can shop for clothes at every single store at our
I can go into Home Depot or Lowes and be asked 6 to 10 times if I "need help with something". Previously I was invisible.

Isn't this AWFUL but true?

I'm a grad student at a university, I used to get the door held for me when I was pregnant, but only when I was OBVIOUSLY pregnant. The rest of the time I was invisible. NOW, I don't even feel "that" much thinner, down 35 lbs since my last baby (although that was not my peak weight, I'm pretty sure I've seen early 200s at some points but I didn't have a scale out for awhile)

Anyways, 35 lbs lighter and I now have guys hanging out like a few minutes to hold the door for me? Astonishing to me! And grocery cart boys hanging out to ask if they can help me or tell me to have a nice day? I can't believe the difference of just 35 lbs?

Anyways, I totally picked up a pair of size 8 Lee jeans (not sure if those are vanity sized or not?) for 9 bucks off the clearance rack at Sears yesterday, and I SO couldn't have really shopped the cheaper clearance rack where "normal" sizes were kept 6 months ago! It felt SO GOOD! And got a cute shirt for 8 bucks size SMALL to match (the shirt is definitely sized big, but still a cute cheap shirt ^_^ )
boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 08:46 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

I went to see the US Open (tennis) last week. It was so crowded that they had turned off the escalators, it's a lot of stairs to the top!

The old me would have either waited or looked for an elevator... but not now, I just kept going!!!
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:04 PM   #34  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

I can say no to dessert.

I can run 5 miles and pass people that are at least 50 lbs lighter than me doing it.

I can fit into at least one pair of my pre-pregnancy pants (ok, but they were my former 'fat pants).

I can bake my own bread and make my own delicious pizza crusts.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:46 PM   #35  
Back on Track to Healthy

S/C/G: since 4/16/10 - 260/Ticker/165

Height: 5' 7"

I can do 30 min on the elliptical and not want to puke - and my heart rate recovery is like 1-2 min instead of like 10 min!

I can also fit in a seat at a Twins game without my legs scraping the arms of the seat!!!
saram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 12:34 AM   #36  
If I can; YOU Can!

S/C/G: 292/Ticker/175 height: 5'9

Height: 5'9

Get attention from any man but the right one.
Scilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:02 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 236/?/132

I can go 1hr and 45min on the elliptical when before I could not finish 5 minutes.

I can bike without thrusting my belly into my lungs every time my legs come up.

I can squat, bend over, crawl on all 4s without difficulty.

I can turn down all soda without a problem and just drink water - and be happy with it!

I can drive past fast food places without stopping at them, (although this still takes a really conscious effort).

I can look in the mirror, and although I'm not thrilled with what I see - I no longer have the urge to cry.

I can do 100 sit ups.
GonnaTurnHeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:34 AM   #38  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

I have to fly often for work; I am so thrilled that I can now fit into a seat without feeling that I'm encroaching on the space of the other person, and I never worry over whether or not the seatbelt will be a struggle, it fits fine and I've got a few inches grace.

I'm not pulling at the sides of my bras because they bite into me.

I can cross my legs again
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:36 AM   #39  
Restart Date: 10/25/2009

S/C/G: 215/160/115 HW: 235

Let's see... I can:

- cross my legs
- shop in "normal" stores
- eat in a restaurant booth without my boobs resting on the table
- participate in public exercise without embarrassment
- bend, stoop, and reach in whichever way I need - no more breathless shoe tying
- catch the opposite sex looking on occasion
- wore a shirt tucked into my pants in public
- wore heels without pain
- wore a choker necklace without choking
- order food that fits my plan without feeling I'm being fussy or a burden (my body is more important than a server's opinion of me and my requests)
- go to the doctor without fear of a weight lecture
- do activities with friends and family without being held back by weight (e.g. fit in theatre or stadium seats, walk long distances without getting tired or slowing everyone down.

I can't wait to see what else I can do.
lovemyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:47 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

This is going to sound weird, but I can balance!! I used to have such bad balance, I would always trip and run into things. I'm still kind of clumsy but not nearly as bad as I was before!
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 12:21 PM   #41  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

I have a lot of them too, and many of them overlap the ones given here, particularly ones related to exercise; I won't restate those.

- This past ten days I've been in two different hospitals having three different procedures related to what should have been an average gall bladder extraction. Not one of all those doctors, surgeons, nurses, or CNAs ever told me I was overweight, needed to lose, or that weight was a factor in current events. That is pretty wild.

- I can do what I need to do, knowing that I'll have enough energy to see it done.
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 12:49 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/132

Height: 5' 3.5"

My list is LONG, but I'll just stick to the first ones that pop into my head:

** I go up 4 flights of stairs 3 times a day (1 flight was hard before)
** I can cut my toenails by leaning forward instead of doing acrobatics involving leaning to the side
** My husband can pick me up (ok that's not somethign I can do, but whatevs..)
** I buy clothes at normal stores
** I can drive with my foot up on the seat with me (not safe, but so comfy)
** I can cross my legs
** I don't hit my belly on bathroom stall doors when trying to open/close them
Pacifica Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 06:06 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 297/256/not sure

Height: 5' 2"

This kind of thread is great! I can't wait to have some of my own to list.

Marking so I don't miss any replies.
Truffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 06:22 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matilda08 View Post
. 7/17/09 was the exact date I joined the gym and have been working out since and to be honest Ive developed a love for working out and I never knew it was there. I feel so good after I work out and I know this journey can do nothing but get better.
Last week was my first full week at the Y that I joined. I took 2 Zumba classes and 2 aqua aerobic classes.

What's so depressing to me is and I hope people read this is DON'T PUT IT OFF I actually have always always loved working out I use to do african dance, I belonged to gyms before, I use to walk the track. But for whatever reason for the past year all I did every day was say to myself I need to join the gym. I guess I was embarassed but now I don't care. I'm an empty nester and now it's all about me.

So don't put off it off another day. WORK OUT you'll be glad you did.
I hope to one day put up a mni goad pic.
2feelbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 06:31 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
I have to fly often for work; I am so thrilled that I can now fit into a seat without feeling that I'm encroaching on the space of the other person, and I never worry over whether or not the seatbelt will be a struggle, it fits fine and I've got a few inches grace.
I actually have this fear in the back of my mind. I was thinking of going to Hawaii but don't want to be in a crowded airplane seat that long. I've been there before but my husband wants to go.

2 weeks ago I had to fly because my son had an appendectomy. On the way there I had a seat to myself. On the way back I was sitting next to a small lady she was about a size 8 SHE COULD ACTUALLY CROSS HER LEGS ! It worked out well and we chatted most of the time she was very nice.

Here's a goal to achieve. I would like to not have the food tray rest on my stomach when I lower it to eat. OMG I couldn't believe that it was hitting me in the stomach. I looked at the person across from me and she had at least 4 inches in front of her.
2feelbetter is offline   Reply With Quote