Ugh . . office lunch

• I completely forgot I had a lunch meeting today and normally that's no bigge because we have a deli cater it with salads, whole grain sandwhiches, soups, etc . . . today they did Chinese and now I feel just gross.

I've never noticed until now just how salty it is. I stuck mostly to the veg, but being sleep deprieved or whatever it is had some noodles and MAN were they salty.

Is that pretty normal - not noticing until months later how salty food really is?

I think i can feel the sodium build up and dehydration setting in
  • I notice how sweet things are even more than before. It amazes me how we all don't go into diabetic shock with some of the things that people eat!
  • Yes, I'm very sensitive to salty foods now. I went for sushi recently and I looked onto the bottle of soy sauce they had on the table. It had the RDA % for sodium and each teaspoon was like 500% of what you needed in a day!

I think I retained water just reading the label .
  • I had a fresh tomato with my lunch today, and it tasted salty. Mind you, I had not added any salt! Chinese food absolutely kills me! The stuff I thought was healthy (stir fried veg, etc.) actuallly isn't -- unless I make it myself!
  • In the last year I've been really paying attention to the amount of sodium I eat and how it shows up in my weight. I always show a 2 to 6 pound gain after eating out at certain restaurants. Since I quit using very much salt at home, I totally notice how salty most food taste and how it makes me feel the next day.
  • Office lunches are hard because you can be stuck there without other food options. We have had some really yucky office lunches, but with the recession, the number of company sponsored lunches has reduced a lot. I try to bring my own food into the office so that I have a backup supply - just in case.

Ever since I started WW, I've noticed how salty food is! I also had plain tomatoes for lunch this week and they tasted salty!

I have also noticed now that if I go off program, I really don't feel well - and I end up craving my WW food. It's amazing how much a new food plan can change your perspective!