Old 09-20-2010, 09:00 AM   #106  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

August -12 pounds
September Goal -10 pounds
Aug 31 - 248.2 Trainer & Cardio (did not sleep well, about 4.5 hrs)
Sep 01 - 248.4
Sep 02 - 247.2 Trainer & Cardio
Sep 03 - 246.0 Cheats at the amusement park, lots of walking
Sep 04 - 246.6
Sep 05 - 246.0 Cardio
Sep 06 - 241.8 Cardio
Sep 07 - 246.6 Trainer & Cardio
Sep 08 - 243.6
Sep 09 - 243.6 Trainer & Cardio
Sep 10 - 243.4
Sep 11 - 242.8
Sep 12 - 244.4 TOM
Sep 13 - 244.4 TOM Trainer & Cardio
Sep 14 - 000.0 TOM Travel - Missed weigh in
Sep 15 - 246.6 TOM Trainer & Cardio
Sep 16 - 244.0 (-2.6)
Sep 17 - 243.8 (-.2)
Sep 18 - 242.4 (-1.4)
Sep 19 - 242.0 (-.4)
Sep 20 - 240.4 (-1.6) wha?

Weighed myself twice this morning because I was a little shocked at the number -- I'm having trouble believing it, but I'll take it! I'm staying home with DS today, he had a fever and sore throat through the night.

Star - Thanks! You've been doing really well lately too

Akelly - Sounds like a fun weekend and also like you're doing your 'pennance'! I'm sure you'll see that whoosh away in no time.

Aimee - I'm doing a medically supervised weight loss plan; Dr. Poon's metabolic diet. It's designed for people with metabolic syndrome, severe obesity (I guess that's me), and for people with diabetes and heart disease. It works well enough that it's sponsored by the Ontario health plan, so I don't even pay for it, and I'm pretty happy with the results. It's tough, it's low carb, low sodium, low sugar and low fat - and if you don't follow the diet they just kick you out of the program, they can tell if you've cheated because you provide a urine sample on each visit. It's a little militant, but I really needed that kick in the butt to get going and to stay motivated.

Ona -- I made the cauliflower last night. I think I did leave a bit too much water in it, and next time I'll be more generous with the parmesan and garlic, but we'll definitely have it again. It did fool my DS, he thought he was eating mashed potatoes.

Diana -- Look at you go! I'm so happy you've overcome whatever had been holding you back for the last few weeks. You must be elated at your new numbers!

Last edited by Angie; 09-20-2010 at 09:01 AM.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:14 AM   #107  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Angie Look at you, too! Great job! At this point in time I think the "issue" was the cardio or should I say lack of. I am doing Turbo Fire. I was at the HIIT portion of the rotation. It lasted for about 3 weeks. That corresponds with the time frame that I was having problems. Last week I started back doing the longer cardio workouts from Turbo Fire and I seem to be losing again.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:22 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Oh my gawddddd... I'm down another 2.5 to 191.2 - I must have checked the scale at least 10 times! I'm so happy it's starting to move again. I might actually finally get out of the 190s before the end of the month! And this is after the cannelloni (stuffed with major cheese) I made for dinner last night. Although to be fair, I did a crapload of roasted vegetables with it. Wow. I can finally change my ticker and oh wow, add another scale dude - I just passed 15 lbs lost!

Star I think you're right, this must be the stress melting away....

I'm editing to add that I have also been smoke-free since Friday night!!!

Last edited by Kukkie84; 09-20-2010 at 09:24 AM.
Kukkie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:25 AM   #109  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

Height: 5'4"

what a disaster of a weekend . . not even worth the time and energy it's going to take explaining it. i got on the scale this morning 181.4 . . . well Funk that. I know it's not water weight since that is about the only thing I could keep consistant.

Ok, so it's monday, what better day to start again and get back down to my low before the month is out.

I did however find out something interesting about my 'diet' . . . carbs are definately my friend. Not a crap load of them - but yeah, carbs are my friend for sure. No low-carbing for this lady.

Glad everyone else is doing well Im off to golf . . . . . oy.
Coondocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:30 AM   #110  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Kukkie Look at you! That's awesome, 2.5 pounds and smoke free!

Coondocks I find it so interesting how we are all so different. Some people do really well with lower carbs, others don't. Some people have better results with lifting heavy weights others do better with more cardio. Really interesting.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:32 AM   #111  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Good Morning Ladies, since I have been so out of the loop I'm gonna start with today.

Diana you are doing great 196.8, Onederland is here to stay. YOU

Star you're having one of those bouncy times like me ... it'll go away before you know it

Angie great job on the 1.6 Hope your hubby is feeling better soon.

Kukkie that is wonderful you go Girl Oh I read Diana's comment ... on being smoke free

Coondocks ... enjoy your golf outing.

Hi Aimee, Ecipse, Jennie, Kris, Ona, and Penguin

As for me I'm doing OK. I haven't really been keeping track of my calories but I do know when I have messed up the scale tells all. My weigh in this morning was 168.6 down 2.6 from yesterday's 171.2. I wanted to fall on the floor. But I had no one to blame but me and my late eating. Won't do that again. Things seem to be calming down here I know that Tuesday through Thursday evenings are run run run.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:37 AM   #112  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

HELLO!!!!

today I wi at 229.6 which is sooo great because its monday and it means I did pretty good over the weekend and I can get firm into the 220s this week. I always tend to lose more during the week. Ill just keep plugging away! Hope all is well and the lbs are falling off!
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:40 AM   #113  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Friends!!

I am 238 on the money this morning and I'll take it!! I think I weighed myself atleast 4 times!!! I'm down 3.8 from last WI down the rest of that water of 1.2 from yesterday! Big NSV for me today too because I stayed completely on plan all weekend long. I journaled every bite and was totally honest. It was amazing. I feel that my body is rewarding me for that today.

I don't have time for all of my personals right now but I did notice Kukkie is down 2.5!!!!! See girl, we TOLD you that once life calmed down the scale would move again! WTG for waiting it out! Enjoy it! And SO proud of you for staying smoke free! You are doing amazing!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:53 AM   #114  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Good Morning Everyone!!!

I stayed the same.I'm happy and content with the way i ended the week.I know i can't lose every week..when i lose consistently for awhile my body has to catch up to itself.I've been threw this before.
I'll weather this storm cause i know that if i keep doing the right thing that the weight HAS TO come off!

1st-259.8
2nd-258.0
3rd-257.6
4Th-257.2
5Th-256.8
6Th-256.0-1st wk 3.8lbs lost
7Th-255.6
8Th-255.8
9Th-254.6
10Th-254.0
11Th-253.6
12Th-253.0
13Th-253.4-2nd wk 2.6 lost
14Th-253.6 time to stop!!!
15Th-253.4
16Th-254.2
17Th-253.4
18Th-253.2
19TH-253.0
20Th-253.4-3rd wk 0 lost

Diana.congrats on the .6!! you're on a roll now

Akelly,glad you had a nice weekend. you're so right about the way people perceive us now that we've had the determination and strength to lose weight.Some people said to me"wow,i didn't know you had that in you".It's sad cause no one should pass judgement on another person, you never know what another person is capable of.I feel like anyone can do anything they want to do if they REALLY want it bad enough.
Your Doctor hasn't see nothing yet thanks for the kind words I'm trying really hard.I've just conditioned my mind that I'm changing my lifestyle and that's that.I don't want to be fat any more And I'm the only one that can change that.

Go Angie, Go Angie super cool, that 1.6 today glad you and DS liked the recipe yeah,with recipes( for me),it's like it's never really right until you make it a couple of times.Hope your Son feels better soon.I've had a cold the last couple of days too.

Last edited by OnaMi; 09-20-2010 at 09:55 AM.
OnaMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:16 AM   #115  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

KuKKie,2.5 glad the scale is moving for you!!! and you haven't smoked

Coon,wow,carbs are your friend,well ok then.If it works then go for it enjoy your Golf game

Love,glad things are calming down for you and that even though you haven't been counting your calories,you still have been doing good

Vixsin, on the 3.8!!! that's just great you kept yourself accountable for everything this weekend. so happy for you. now you can do it next weekend and the next, etc...
OnaMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:21 AM   #116  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Matilda great job over the weekend. I tend to do better during the week also

Vixsin, you're doing great, congrats on the 1.2 down and the 3.8 since your last WI

Thanks Ona I'm trying And yes the weight does have to come off, thank goodness . You're doing great

Could someone tell me how to post the thumbnail pictures. I have a picture that I would like to share. I tried on a dress on Saturday just to see if I could fit it and it looked really nice. I wanted to get it but hubby said what's gonna happen when you are smaller *sigh* ... so I held on to it for as long as I could, then I hung it back up I did look for it in a smaller size but could only find an 8, go figure.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:30 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Thank you, thank you, thank you ladies for being so supportive. It means the world to me I was getting really frustrated with the scale not moving at all or often in the wrong direction. The last couple of days have been such a morale booster. I'm back in the gym on Thursday too, so I'm really excited about that, although I wish I could go before that! Unfortunately though, still a couple of lingering things going on before I can totally settle into a routine again. My parents are flying out tomorrow evening so I'm running around today helping my mom out with last minute errands since she's working, airport tomorrow and then I have class on Wednesday, which should have been on Saturday, but they didn't have enough students so they cancelled it.

aKelly So glad your doctor's visit went well. I think you're dead on with the perception people have of others who are overweight. I've always hated that people assume it's because you're lazy or some such thing.

Aimee yay for being 7 days on plan! Can't wait to see what the scale has to show you.

Diana I agree with you that it's strange on how carbs/exercise/various other things affect people differently. I've never been a fan of HIIT or cardio at all for that matter, more of a weight lifter, but glad you figured out what was causing your stalls. Onederland agrees with you!

Star You'll move past it, don't you worry!

Angie Eeek, Dr. Poon is hard! A couple years ago, my massage therapist suggested it (she was also a nutrionist) and when I looked into it, I knew immediately it wasn't for me. I commend your strength. Hope DS feels better soon.

Coon Sorry to hear the weekend was a disaster. But it's a new day and a new week and you can get right back on track!

Love2b Down 2.6! That's fabulous, enjoy the downtime today before things get hectic again tomorrow.

Matilda great job over the weekend. I tend to do better during the week as well because I'm more structured.

Vixsin Thanksss! I know we talked about how I should try quitting the next day, but I think I just wasn't ready. I'm doing really well with it right now, not thinking about it as much (already) and hubby hasn't been smoking in the car with me either, which has been great. I read somewhere that I should drink juice throughout the first couple days, because it helps with the symptoms of having low blood sugar when you quit smoking and it's actually been quite helpful. Great job on staying OP this weekend and on your 1.6 down!

Ona You're so right, we can't lose everything all at once, sometimes our bodies need a break. You've been so consistent and know what you're doing so you'll rock this, no worries!
Kukkie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:42 AM   #118  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Kukkie - woohoo, awesome loss for you! Kudos on quitting smoking, great decision!

Coondocks -- you are so lucky with the carbs! I think my problem is more that I have trouble eating them in moderation...lol.

Love - Thanks! It's my DS though, not my hubby who is sick. If it were DH he could fend for himself...lol. I'm confused about your weigh in, sounds like you lose 2.6, that's great! About the dress, go ahead and buy the 8 -- look how far you've come already, you'll get there too! Sorry, I'm not sure how to post a thumbnail.

Matilda -- Hurray for getting into the 220's. I'm going to burst into the 230's this week and I'm pretty excited about that too. A new 'decade' is motivating!

Vixsin - Wow - wow!! Great job staying on plan all weekend -- determination has it's rewards for sure.

Ona -- I couldn't agree more...do what you do, make good decisions and the rest will come. It's hard to be patient, but you've got such an awesome attitude. Long term thinking is what is called for. I think my DS feels somewhat better already since he got to stay home from school today.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:52 AM   #119  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

1 ~ 221
2 ~ 220
3 ~ 220
4 ~ 221
5 ~
6 ~
7 ~
8 ~ 226 (definitely going the wrong direction)
9 ~ 224
10 ~ 221.6 dropping some water weight
11 ~ 219.2
12 ~ 220
13 ~ 219.2
14 ~ 218.4
15 ~ 218.4
16 ~ 218.4 (I think it's about time for this number to go down)
17 ~ 217.6 (not sure it will stick TOM started today - but I'm claiming it anyway).
18 ~ 217.0 (I expect an upswing tomorrow)
19 ~
20 ~ 217.6
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:02 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Diana - Congrats! Glad you are on the move again

StarGetsFit - stupid bounce back, but trust you'll bounce back down

Angie - looks like the plan is really working for you these days!! I haven't heard of that plan, we must not have it in our province. But there was a program very similar in B.C., it was quite expensive, and not covered

Kukkie - congrats on being smoke free! As your stress melts away, so are YOU! SO happy to see the scale moving in the right direction for you! I think you will be out of those 190's very soon! I can't wait to see what my scale says too!

Coondocks - sorry to hear (or not hear ) about your weekend, but it's over now, and you can get back on plan and get rid of that little bounce back! I am jealous of your carbs, bread and pasta do bad bad bad things in my body. Enjoy all those things for me please

love2b - thats a good downwards movement! Sorry to hear things are crazy for you, but we are always here for yah

Ona - you have had a few good weeks in a row, my body it like yours, it stabilizes for a little while and starts to lose again. Next week!

Great losses Matilda and Vixsin!

Alright ladies, I will bbiab with my wi!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote