NSV - I'm what size?!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • So I've been growing out of my pants - as I should be with weight loss. Unfortunately, I didn't start growing out of them until now, since it turns out that I was just squuueeeeeeeeeeeeezing myself into my old, size 24 pants. I didn't realize exactly how much until I lost 20lbs and was then wearing the same pants comfortably. Anyway - I went to Target today and saw a pair of pants. I grabbed two pairs - a 22 and a 20. I thought for sure I'd be a size 22, but wanted to grab the 20's to see just how far I was from getting into them. I tried the 20's first and wha wha whaaaaaaaaa? They FIT. They buttoned - I didn't have to hold my breath, didn't have to do the little 'get these pants on' shuffle - they just slid on and FIT. I almost cried.

I haven't bought pants smaller than a 24 in at least 6 years? Since before I had my first daughter. When I got pregnant with her I was a 14//16 - so I have nothing in between that size and what I was at the end of my pregnancy.

Anyway, YAY!
  • Yay!! That's awesome !!
    I love being able to put on pants without that "get these pants on" shuffle haha that made me smile Great job !
  • The fun part is, the smaller you get, the quicker the pants sizes change.
  • Quote: didn't have to do the little 'get these pants on' shuffle :
    I love it- awesome victory!
  • That is a great victory! Congrats!
  • Wonderful!!! Clothing NSV's are my absolute favourite!
  • Fantastic!!! That's such a great NSV, when it hits you out of the blue like that! Congrats
  • YAY for smaller pants!!!
  • Very cool, congratulations! I think that's one of the most fun parts of weight loss!
  • Yay for smaller pants sizes!!!! We love it when that happens! Congrats!
  • Congrats! That is such a great feeling!
  • Congrats! It feels good, doesn't it? Today I was scrounging in my closet for pants to wear to work - most things I have are too big now, with a few items that I purchased for future wearing that are still too small. I pulled out a pair of pants that I have had FOREVER and have never worn. Thought these should fit now - they are too big. I'm wearing them today, but only because I was desperate for something to wear today, but I think they will go in the get rid of pile at the end of the day. They look awful. I love that my clothes are all getting too big, but I worry where I'm gonna get the money to replace them. I'm wearing things for as long as possible and hope people understand it's out of necessity.
  • That's so cool!
  • Congratulations! Surprise moments like that are awesome!