3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   My treadmill is mocking me.... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/211833-my-treadmill-mocking-me.html)

Gamecockgrrl 09-06-2010 12:53 PM

My treadmill is mocking me....

I had DH place the treadmill in front of the computer so that I could queue up something on Netflix to watch while I walked, and now I can't motivate myself to get up and do it. It's sitting there, with about 40 clothes hangers on it, mocking me....it's evil :devil:

How did you guys get motivated to "climb back on the horse" when you started out? I think my problem is, I used to be a gym rat before I got married, and could walk and run miles, and now I think I'll be lucky to get a mile.

Eliana 09-06-2010 02:13 PM

Oh, I got a treadmill for the same purpose. I rigged a table top over it and I type at it or I watch TV from it. I set it on something like 2.0 and just walk slow while I type or watch TV. It's not my workout, but it's definitely great extra movement.

There's no motivating, there's only doing. ;) Perhaps you can not allow yourself to watch your movies unless you're moving on the treadmill. Just keep it simple. My problem is making it too hard. I've got it in my head now that it's not good enough if I don't make it to 3+ miles, but that's just stupid. It's mentality like that that messes up a good thing. ;)

sun 09-06-2010 02:17 PM

Its definitely hard and the only way I can get myself to do it is just do it. I make myself start and then it gets easier and I know I am happy afterwards. I try to remember how good I feel after a run

calluna 09-06-2010 02:29 PM

Yeah, what Eliana said. If motivation were what it took, I totally wouldn't be getting anywhere. My motivation comes and goes and I can't count on it to get me to or through workouts.

Put it on the same level of importance as brushing your teeth; if it's not something you can compromise on, you do it whether you want to or not.

Aclai4067 09-06-2010 02:35 PM

You just have to make yourself do it whether you want to or not. The hardest part is just getting started. Sometimes I'll say, okay just 15 min. Then once I get moving, I don't mind doing more

mommy1028 09-06-2010 02:35 PM

I think I would lose a lot more weight if I had to walk on my treadmill to keep my computer running.

Eliana 09-06-2010 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy1028 (Post 3469305)
I think I would lose a lot more weight if I had to walk on my treadmill to keep my computer running.

That would be awesome! Our gym at the YMCA had bicycle powered video games for the kids. I thought that was great!

ReitmansFatGirl 09-06-2010 10:23 PM

I have a treadmill in my office. The key for me is music- I need to load up my itunes with cool songs to listen to. I have a plan to start getting on it everyday before work except Sunday. It's been mocking me too for a long time.

ReitmansFatGirl

nancymae 09-06-2010 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy1028 (Post 3469305)

I was thinking the same thing! I was "motivated" last night so I ordered one of the "Run at Home" video on Amazon. Hopefully I will be motivated enough to use it!

lostinstaticx 09-06-2010 11:28 PM

Ahhhh! I totally understand this. I have a bike that I use to hang stuff too! I've made a pledge to myself, that tomorrow my treadmill will get used for what it's made for!

Come on ladies! We can do this!

:D