Old 09-03-2010, 11:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 266.2/See ticker/133.0

Height: 5'5

Talking It's Happening!!!

I've lost just under six pounds according to the scale, and I was pretty proud of myself for that.

But then out of curiosity, I started trying on clothes.

So just before I started this journey, my grandmother bought me a bunch of clothes. In that batch were two pairs of skinny pants that did not fit. (They are identical, bought off the clearance rack.) I expected them to fit, and brought them with me to a music festival in hopes of wearing them to the club with a long tunic and stilettos. Well. When I tried to put them on, I couldn't get them on my calves right (they were so tight the seams refused to lay straight) and then I busted the zipper trying to get them closed. Embarrasing.

Last night I took the other identical pair, slid them on, buttoned and zipped them. Had room to slide my thumbs in on each side no problem. The calves are still tight. Skinny pants aren't in the cards for me for a while. But still!!!! I was standing there preening for like fifteen minutes!!!

I tried on another pair of pants I couldn't get over my thighs, and they pull up now. At this rate I'll be wearing them by Thanksgiving!!!

Same deal with a bunch of pants i've been hanging onto.

And then today I realized as i was grocery shopping that these shorts that used to fit a TINY TINY bit snug, well they were twisting in the waist when i walked because there was so much give in them. In fact I'm wearing them now at the computer and they're riding so low they are barely covering my butt crack (TMI sorry)

It's such a TINY difference. People would never notice, but I DO! And it makes me feel AMAZING!!!!

I'm seriously doing it this time!!!! And it's awesome!!!!

Brenda

PS: Anyone with calve slimming tips should totally respond. Pilates maybe?
DaughterOfVenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:53 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Congrats!!

Last edited by Onederchic; 09-03-2010 at 11:54 PM.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 12:12 AM   #3  
WW Moderator

Yayy, that's great!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 05:34 AM   #4  
Knowing I'm worth it!

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Congrats!

I start noticing right away by how my clothes fit. I have four boxes of clothes waiting for me in my clothes and I'm GOING to fit in them by the end of the year! Then it's off to buy more, more, more!!
Teresa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 07:08 AM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I'm SO happy for you!!

Just keep on making it happen and there is no way that it won't.

I look forward to hearing of your continued progress.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 03:54 PM   #6  
it IS all about me!!!

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/165ish

Height: 5'8"

I am so very, very happy for you, Brenda! WooHoo!!!
RobinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 04:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4

First off, great job!!! Don't you just love it when you notice those little things that just make you wanna jump for joy? I'm so happy for you!

Second, slimming down calves is a tricky thing because you can really only do so much. Make sure you look at your parents' calves to see if maybe big calves are just genetic [in which case you're kinda S.O.L.].

Exercise in that area will get rid of fat, which will slim it down some [or it might just keep it bulky with muscle due to genetics]. Running/walking, resistance training in that area will show you what will happen.

Stretching lengthens the muscles which make them look a little longer and toner. You can do simple stretching exercises, yoga or Pilates: all will accomplish the same thing. I vote either yoga or Pilates so you can get a routine for your whole body!

Good luck!
althepirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 05:52 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 297/257/155

Height: 5'6.5"

Congrats!

I try on my too tight clothes every 10 lbs or month... and I write the weight, date and how they fit on a piece of paper and put it in the pocket. It sure is exciting when I zip up a pair of jeans and then read the note and it says "can't zip".
Lindifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:48 AM   #9  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

That is a great feeling!

How your clothes fit is actually a better measure of progress than the scale as it truly reflects body composition changes (weight can go up or down for many non-body fat loss reasons).

Keep up the great work!
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote