3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   A surge of joy! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/211079-surge-joy.html)

Rosinante 08-27-2010 06:48 AM

A surge of joy!

It's one of those days when I'm seized with such a surge of joy!

The sky is blue, the sun is shining but there's a breeze that's not quite cold. The kind of day when you could drink the air, even living in the city.

I just could not wait to get my trainers on and get out today. I'd used a local site to give me a route for a 90 minute walk, which I printed off and took with me. Hm. Next time I'll check it out on a map before hand. It was very detailed, perhaps too detailed: turn on to X for 10 yards, left on to Y for 47 yards and so on, on streets with names that have long ago been subsumed into one long street name. However, although I hadn't been that way on foot before, I did recognize the name of the mid-point (it was a circular route), and just pushed on for that, and then the instructionsn made sense again.

It was wonderful: I walked through the shopping areas, through blocks of social housing, along odd, deserted lanes that were fine by day but no way by night. A solid 80 minutes, and the day is still golden and beautiful. MMMMMmmmmm.

SCraver 08-27-2010 08:50 AM

Those days are my favorites! The days when it just feels so good to be alive and everything feels like it has fallen into place. Soemtimes I wonder if those kinds of days are to let us know we are heading in the right direction?

caryesings 08-27-2010 08:59 AM

Thanks for sharing your upbeat mood. I'm smiling now.

StarvingPoet 08-27-2010 09:02 AM

I love those kinds of days. :)

KatMarie 08-27-2010 09:04 AM

Ooooh, sounds lovely! Makes me want to walk outside instead of on the treadmill today. We have a fresh, cool breeze here this morning, too.

rockinrobin 08-27-2010 09:32 AM

LOVE those days!

And I know there will be many more of them in your future. Life IS good. :)

time2lose 08-27-2010 09:38 AM

That sounds so lovely. It makes me want to get out of this office and go for a walk!

JustBeckyV 08-27-2010 05:00 PM

Sounds awesome!!

starbrite 08-29-2010 04:31 AM

What a lovely positive note - Thank you ! :hug:

RobinD 08-29-2010 12:56 PM

I love those golden, brisk sorts of days... the tail end of Summer, when you can feel and smell Autumn just around the corner... I love this time of year!

lovemyboy 08-29-2010 03:37 PM

How lovely! I love those days.

althepirate 08-29-2010 06:14 PM

I miss those days so much! San Antonio only gets maybe a handful of them every year, and we're going to be coming up on the second bunch of them in about a month or so. I'm so jealous of people who get "real" weather and seasons in their areas!

sept15lija 08-29-2010 07:56 PM

Mmm, that sounds really nice!! We're hot here today but the cool weather is coming, autumn is my favourite! Anyways thanks for the post, it makes me feel better as today I've been feeling tired! Maybe a walk was exactly what I needed. :)