Measurements

• So when I started this whole journey I thought I thought of everything...food journal, log in on 3fatchicks, fitness for Dummies, new scale...but I didn't take any measurements! What was I thinking?!? I am now 1/3 of the way do my goal and I have no inches lost to brag about.

I guess I will have to start now. I know that I am down 2 pant sizes and my tops are fitting better...but I would love to know how many inches I have lost.

I guess you can't think of everything
  • wow! That's a really good point! I'm going to measure myself tomorrow!!!
  • I didn't do that either when I started losing. We need all the incentives we can get when the scale does't move. Better to do it now than later though!
  • Um, yeah. I haven't measured myself either. I'll have do do that tonight!
  • I didn't measure myself at the beginning either, but I think in my case it was more to avoid seeing more depressing numbers. The scale weight and current clothing size was bad enough.
  • I did measure myself so I could calculated my body fat precentage. When I plugged in the numbers and it said 57% body fat, I literally burned the paper. Now, I kinda wish I hadn't =(
  • If you have one pair of old jeans or nonstretch pants you used to wear, measure the waist and that will give you at least one measurement! Save ONE old top and pants, you will be shocked someday how big it is. I have lost 14 inches off my hips so far
  • I never did either and I do regret it as well. I do know that I went from a 24 to a size 6 though lol