Old 08-22-2010, 07:54 PM   #1  
Back on Track to Healthy

S/C/G: since 4/16/10 - 260/Ticker/165

Height: 5' 7"

Lightbulb So Yeah...

I have been so good about not drinking and eating crap. I am very proud of myself. However...this weekend was a train wreck! I partied with friends not just one night, but two! I thought I did a pretty good job of not eating too much to save my calories for the beer, but today when I got on the scale I had gained 5 lbs from Sat morning! YIKES!!!!

I had an amazing and awesome weekend...but I am not sure it was worth it now. Who am I kidding - it was totally worth it!! But now I feel bad for doing it and want to just lock myself away because I don't want a repeat performance.

OH Well! At least now I know why I can't drink like a fish anymore!

Last edited by saram; 08-22-2010 at 07:55 PM.
saram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 08:33 PM   #2  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Oh, I'm sure it's just water weight. I don't think there's anything wrong with cutting loose now and then, especially if you work it into your calories and don't pig out at 3am and it's not every weekend! That weight will be gone in no time, and congrats on having a great time!
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:30 AM   #3  
Spartan Kitty

S/C/G: 270/*ticker*/160?

Height: 5'4"

Sounds like you had a great time, so don't feel bad! If you drank a lot it's probably mostly water weight! Alcohol always made me retain water like nobody's business. I'm sure it'll be gone in no time.

Last edited by Latchkey Princess; 08-23-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Latchkey Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:47 PM   #4  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Most Beer is loaded with carbs (and calories). It also makes one have an "I don't give a crap, I'm gonna eat it" attitude. Usually with salty carby foods, (sweets don't go well with beer IMO). Chances are, you ate more than you think AND you are retaining water. Give it a week, and you'll undo the damage you did in 2 days. (Sucks doesn't it?)

If I were you, if you are going to drink on occasion, stick with clear liquor, (rum, vodka, gin, scotch etc.) They are mostly carb free and heck, if you drink enough, you'll pass out before 3 am breakfast...lol
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:23 PM   #5  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

It's nice you had fun and enjoyed yourself.

Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 266.2/See ticker/133.0

Height: 5'5

If it was worth it, let it be worth it. Don't beat yourself up! Be happy you had such an awesome time, and get back on the wagon. You deserve a good time, and a break from the grind doesn't have to mean the end of your goals!

Congrats on having such an awesome weekend. Now go get some water, and make sure you have the groceries for plan friendly meals!

;-) *hugs*
DaughterOfVenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:47 PM   #7  
Back on Track to Healthy

S/C/G: since 4/16/10 - 260/Ticker/165

Height: 5' 7"

Thanks for talking me off the ledge! LOL I went to the gym last night when I got home from my "frat Party Weekend" and felt better. In the past this setback may have had me saying why bother if I can never party like a rockstar with my friends without packing on the lbs. But I have a totally changed attitude on the whole thing this time around. I really have a great feeling that 3rd (or maybe it's the 4th...or 14th LOL) times the charm! I have not felt too discouraged when the scale fluctuates and I have never made a bad food choice and then said what the ****...I may as well make the whole day a bad day and start over tomorrow. That is what I have done in the past. Then 1 bad day turns into a bad week, into a bad 2 weeks, then just bad. I can do this and make it work for me!!!!!

And in the morning...I'm making waffles! (Had to throw in some Donkey )
saram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:43 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 330/325/170

I agree with the others. If you had a wonderful time, and it was worth it, then by all means don't beat yourself up about it. Just jump back on the wagon and never look back.
StarvingPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:33 AM   #9  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

As long as it's not an all the time thing then enjoy a once and a while night of fun! Get back at it today
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote