I'm pretty new to this forum, and to be honest, I visited it for a few months before I decided to join. I THOUGHT I knew a lot already, and I wasn't sure how much I'd get out of a weight-loss forum.
I took 3 years of college physical activity classes, including general health classes, sport classes like racquetball, weight-training, and even bowling (the only C I ever got in undergrad was in bowling /facepalm).
I get gestational diabetes with ever pregnancy and my OB makes me chat and keep in touch weekly with nurses and dietitians.
I love to read and I read online articles all the time about health and have already made a bunch of changes due to the GD and just trying to stay healthy while I nurse my babies.
HOWEVER, I am SO happy I joined this site! Its been more helpful to me the last few weeks than I ever dreamed it could be, in just simple little things!
SO, just in the last couple weeks I've learned from this site:
1. Nobody can actually figure out women sizes! (I use to think I was the only one, and everyone else had it all figured out!)
2. simple discipline like weighing myself at the same time of day consistently to keep track of my weight
3. helps remind me to make healthier choices, I've re-incorporated oatmeal back into my diet regularly
4. Just checking in here 2-3x a day has helped me maintain my goals overall and keep the end in sight, and helps me not to forget and not to cheat as much, EVERY calorie counts!
5. Persistence is more important than Perfection (someone's siggy I LIKE!)
6. get over the "unfairness" of being only 5'3" (as there's people shorter than me) and get over my dumpling chubby genes and work with what I have without wallowing self-pity!
7. I LOVE the inspirational before/after pictures and stories! Helps me so MUCH when people share and gives me hope!
Anyways, those are just a few things off the top of my head, that I was thinking about this morning. And I was like "I'm really happy I decided to join that site after all!"
Just goes to show, when you think you "know it all" there's always more to learn, its only your attitude that stops you!
I was stumped at around 165 before I joined here and now I've started to consistently and slowly lose again.
I appreciate all of you and thanks for being here!
What have you learned from all of your experiences that helps you reach your goals?