Old 08-20-2010, 12:43 PM   #1  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Smile Ticker Accountability

Majority of the time I try to keep my Weight Loss Ticker up to date. I feel it keeps me accountable for my weight. Does anyone else have things they do to help keep accountable for your weight?
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 12:48 PM   #2  
Alicia :)

Height: 5'2"

Same here, I actively update my ticker. I also joined the daily weigh-in thread, and make it a point to update my weight daily, respond to multiple people, and make it really personal. If I'm slacking off and gaining weight, I'd feel guilty for not checking in with the usuals and also it will start to show to everyone who joined the daily weigh in as well!
akelly728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 12:56 PM   #3  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

I weigh daily.
I update my ticker daily.
I log what I eat and drink and burn on DietPower daily.
I log what I eat and drink, and what my fluid retention is like on a spreadsheet daily.
I have a list of minimini targets in the mini-goals section that I update as often as I make one. There are so many targets - 10% off, 50lbs off, into the next stone, into obese, into overweight, into normal, etc etc - that I can update fairly frequently.

Oh yes, and the beads. I pledged to buy myself a trollbead for my bracelet for every stone (14lbs) lost since my re-re-re-start on May 24th (second ticker). I am currently half a pound off the second bead!

I become a little obsessive but it's working.

Last edited by Rosinante; 08-20-2010 at 01:01 PM. Reason: forgot a couple
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 330/325/170

I tried losing weight on my own, but that didn't work at all. If I don't have the accountability of weighing in every week at a meeting, I don't do well.
StarvingPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 259.6/245.8/145

Height: 5'5"

I update it just so I can watch it go down!
jenwoobiekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

I love my ticker as well. I also graph my weight daily on sparkpeople and I get rid of my too-big clothes PRONTO so there is no going back
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:08 PM   #7  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

This is my first time with a ticker. I normally hate them - I don't know why (I think it's because I have a thing against websites that are ugly and ticker websites are terribly ugly). I'm going to use it for Jingle Away the Jiggle to try to keep me on track.

I'll only update it on Saturdays (my weigh in day) because that's when the weight loss (or gain) is final to me.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 03:54 PM   #8  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I input my food every single day.
I update my weight on fitday EVERY SINGLE DAY.
I write down EVERYTHING (even the bad) that I eat every single day.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:22 PM   #9  
Knowing I'm worth it!

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

I'm back to calorie counting and logging it everyday into my Fitday account.
I'm a member of TOPS and have the weekly accountability to the scale.
As soon as I can get a ticker I will and I will update it once a week after my TOPS weigh-in.
Teresa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:17 PM   #10  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
I weigh daily.
I update my ticker daily.
I log what I eat and drink and burn on DietPower daily.
I log what I eat and drink, and what my fluid retention is like on a spreadsheet daily.
I have a list of minimini targets in the mini-goals section that I update as often as I make one. There are so many targets - 10% off, 50lbs off, into the next stone, into obese, into overweight, into normal, etc etc - that I can update fairly frequently.

Oh yes, and the beads. I pledged to buy myself a trollbead for my bracelet for every stone (14lbs) lost since my re-re-re-start on May 24th (second ticker). I am currently half a pound off the second bead!

I become a little obsessive but it's working.
I do a lot of this as well. I weigh daily and log it into a chart online to watch my trends. I log my food into my Loseit! app, even though I am not strictly sticking to calories totals with this pregnancy. I am a huge fan of making my ticker show where I am, not where I WAS, even if the number is ugly to me.

I have to be honest with myself and vigilant with basic habits to maintain and lose. That's as much of a fact of my life as the fact that I have to wear glasses to correct my vision. Short of surgery, my vision problems aren't going away. Short of surgery, my natural tendency to overeat won't go away either. So I do basic little things to help get to where I want to be, and I can't expect to not do them and suddenly be okay

I also reward myself regularly with things I lovely. Lately it has been beautiful hairsticks for my hair (I'm growing it past my thighs if I can, right now I am halfway between waist and hip length). It is a non-food treat that makes me feel lovely and that I enjoy planning for, and I cannot wait to get some of the hairsticks I have been looking at, when I am postpartum and begin losing again!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:21 PM   #11  
active kids, active mom

I write down all my calories, plus exercise. I also bet against myself and some friends on stickk.com so that, if I don't make my goal each week, money is automatically withdrawn from my account and sent somewhere I don't want it to go. That last one has helped a lot.
knitsforfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:47 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

I update my weight daily on Fitday.
I update my weight daily on the daily weigh in thread.
I update my ticker on Fridays (that's the "official" day)
I update Jingle away the Jiggle on Saturdays
I log everything I consume
I weigh twice a day (usually morning and night - the night one, just to see where I'm at; I don't log it)

Wow I sound obsessive. But it's great for keeping me on track!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote