Old 08-19-2010, 10:34 PM   #1  
Vegging out

S/C/G: 268/ticker/148

Height: 5'6"

Default Reflections

I was doing very good with my weightloss, I lost 17 lbs in less than a month, and then had a bad day, and just haven't been able to lose since then. I started counting calories, exercise hasn't changed, and I've been wondering why I was stalled. I started thinking back on the times when I was actively losing, and started thinking that maybe my eating habits had already become a bit lax. For about 2 days now, I've really been trying to eat like I did in the beginning, and now I'm realizing that the stall I had was definitely because of my eating habits. About the same time I started on this weight loss journey, I stopped eating meat and animal products (not for weight loss reasons) but all I was eating were fresh foods, unprocessed foods, and very little in the way of snacks because I didn't know what was vegetarian. Now I need to remember that just because it can be considered vegetarian does not mean its healthy or that I need to eat it! The scale is already moving again, and I feel like I know what I should be doing to keep the scale moving. Now, time to get my body moving too!
dudesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:00 AM   #2  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

Congrats and good luck.

Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:14 AM   #3  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

It's so easy to move into that area where the habits we set up for ourselves get more relaxed, is it?

Tonight I eyeballed the amount of whole wheat pasta for a serving. I don't eat pasta often but a serving is pretty small, I know that. I decided to weight it to make certain it was accurate. Lo and behold, it was 4 ounces, not 2 ounces. That's double my portion size!

On the other spectrum of things, I walked this evening and estimated my mileage at ~3 miles. When I looked at my Nike Plus, I was shocked that it was nearly 6 miles.

When things "aren't working like they used to," it's always smart to reevaluate what's really going on.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:30 AM   #4  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

Awesome - glad you were able to figure it out and get back on track. I know for me I think I am doing one way but when I look at it - I am probably consuming more than I should be. Then I watch myself again lol
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote