Goodbye Self Pity..Hello Pounds Gone!! :)

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hiya!!

This afternoon was looking at photos of myself ,even the newier ones and realize that I need to change my shape... Soooooo... I had done my self pity, and moved my heavy set body today.

This morning, weighed myself on my start weight of 426...Then the afternoon, after I ate a late lunch, put my cd player and was dancing for 15 minutes till I broke a sweat..weighed again,408,,...after dinner, did 10 min dancing with my cd player and felt great!! weighed in again ,406... lost 20 Lbs!!! I know it is water weight, but the feeling I get inside my tummy and will continue my dancing efforts between meals. I am loving my fitness journey!!! Yahooo!!!!

Thought I share my exciting news and feeling goood!!! Have a great day!!
  • 20lbs lost in 1 day?
  • Good Job!
  • congrats! keep it up the hard work!
  • I just love to dance like that with nobody watching. We should all do it more. 20 pounds?!! Are you sure your scale is working right?
  • Good for you!
  • Wow, 20 pounds?? Congrats for getting moving though!!
  • Liliann, I think it's great that you're moving!! But do make sure to pay careful attention to what you're eating, as a very common thrown around statistic is that weight loss/maintenance is 80% FOOD and 20% exercise. So what we eat (& don't eat) is VERY vital to ongoing weight loss success.

I would also think that you should take a look at your scale. It would be next to impossible to lose 20 pounds in one day. Perhaps you need a new battery....

Regardless, keep on moving!!!
  • Yes, I'm thinking low battery myself. That happened to me once when I was thrilled I was dropping 8 pounds in a week. I could see 20 pounds in two weeks if you're just starting but not in one day, and especially from morning to evening. Most of us gain a few pounds through the course of the day. The best I can ever hope for is to still weigh the same at night as I did in the morning because then I know I'll see a loss the next morning.

But hey, downer aside...more movement in your day is to be commended!! We should all get up and dance more!! And it's fun!
  • Numbers aside, fantastic that you are taking the next step and getting moving. Kudos to you and keep it up!!!
  • FANTASTIC!!!! That's the way to do it. Just move YEA!!!
  • I am sorry to say that I agree. 20 lbs in one day is just not possible. It's time to get some new batteries.

On the flip side...great job on moving!!! Keep up the good work!
  • Keep up with the dancing and eating healthy, you are on the right track!
  • Thank you all for your support!!

Note: As for low batteries, I don't own a scale that takes batteries..sorry.. I own an old fashion doctor scale with sliding block..Its on a flat surface and accurate, my mom weighs daily and no problem.

All I am doing is moving my body more, way to much time sitting/laying. Eating right and sweating through dancing workout. I earned it,folks!!
  • Congrats on getting yourself moving! That is always important! Stick with it!