When and where did you start noticing?

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • As of today, I've lost 15 lbs. I don't see it, but I do feel a little better. Maybe my feet look thinner...if that's possible

When (how much lost) did you start noticing your weight loss and what part of your body did it show up first?
  • around 8 or 9 pounds.... in my belly and hips mainly. I've already undergrown two of my most worn pairs of jeans, and more are going to have to retire soon.

We're near the same height... have you noticed that your clothes fit differently, too?
  • I have one pair of capris that I can't keep pulled up, but I've convinced myself that they were always big. Sadly, I can't remember :P
  • For me, it always shows up first in the waistline. I can tell by the fit of my jeans straight out of the washer & dryer.

A little later, I can feel it in my bra band, even before the cup size changes.

My face is another early beneficiary of any weight loss. I thought weight would come off there last, or late, but no. For me, anyway, my chin starts getting whittled away, as do my cheeks. But I'm pear-shaped, so that makes sense. The heavier parts are the last to go.
  • My face and boobs. I've lost 20 lbs. and bought a smaller bra. Also, my stomach is a bit dimpled now where there used to be more fat.
  • To be honest I didn't really start to notice it until I put a pictures side by side
  • My boobs always go first... but I couldn't significantly tell I was losing weight until I dropped 30 lbs. Now, near the end, every 5 lbs makes a huge difference!
  • I really could not tell until I got into like 20-30lbs lost then I realized my clothes were baggier and my pants began to drop. my face lost a lot first as well and people noticed it. i dont see major changes until i see pics side by side. When i look in the mirror i still see the fat girl idk
  • I really noticed in my face/neck/collarbone area first. I'm pear shaped, and like saef, I noticed the most difference in my already skinnier parts first It was nice to lose the double chin. I know I've lost significant inches in my waist and hips, and I know I wear smaller sizes, but I just can't tell as much there yet!
  • i agree with Tryintobefit!
  • I actually get annoyed because I wish I had a bigger head! I think I'm like odd shaped egg with a huge butt and a tiny head. So then I start losing weight and I notice it in the face first. Which is "uber" annoying to me, because I think my head/face looks so much smaller!
  • I lost some bloat out of my face quite quickly, and it's always my face that loses first, despite being an apple!

Then my bust - shirts that wouldn't go edge to edge in May now button easily.

What I noticed just a couple of days ago was that although I'm still stout, front to back, somehow side to side I look less overflowing, I'm narrower, if that makes sense.
  • i dont know when but my face and neck and shoulders, then my waist. and it is a little weird but i suppose my feet do look thinner. :]

• Just now, after I've lost 20+ lbs have
    I started to noticed the changes. I noticed
    it in my hips and legs. Both are chunkiest part
    of my body, and really where all the weight is.

• My poor boobs were the first to go.