Struggling to Get Back on Calorie Counting Plan.

• Struggling to Get Back on Calorie Counting Plan. I exercised 4x last week. But not doing well with sticking to calorie counting plan. I say I want to lose weight but continue to stress eat. I just need to learn not to turn food. Any Ideas how to stop stress eating?
  • I started by not changing the stuff I ate, instead I only ate HALF of what I was eating. It takes dicipline, but it worked as a good starter for me. I'd still eat m&m's but only half the bag. Or a 1/2 a bag of chips. Another thing I did was I'd only pull out the "serving size" That got me down from 250-199. After that point, I had to kick it up a notch. Hope that helps a little. Stress eating is my number one enemy!
  • Stress eating is a habit and just like any other habit they are hard to break.

Think of other things you can do while stressed - I knit. You could stress text or stress walk or stress clean or stress play solitaire. Find a habit you can build to replace the bad one you want to break. (the other option is to never get stressed...)
  • Quote:
    Any Ideas how to stop stress eating?
    -DECIDE not to. Yup. I know that sounds - simple - but that's what it boils down to. Decide that you WILL NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES eat *just because*.
    -Plan out your meals/snacks IN ADVANCE. STICK TO IT LIKE GLUE. LIKE GLUE. If it's not in the plan - you don't eat it. Period.
    -Work past the initial temporary discomfort of telling yourself no. That is the only way to form these new, good habits - you force yourself - even if you don't feel like it- eventually it will become natural, automatic - habitual.
    -Stop giving yourself permission to veer off your plan.
    -Require more from yourself. Raise your standards. Push yourself. Reach. Stretch. Grow. Prosper.
    -Think of something this very minute of what you will do INSTEAD of eating when stress hits - read, knit, sew, walk, talk, computer, bathe, run in circles, do jumping jacks, clean out a closet, a drawer - whatever. Have a plan in place so that when it hits, you'll have an alternative to eating.
    -Repeat over and over and over again - if hunger isn't the problem, food isn't the solution. If hunger isn't the problem food isn't the solution...
  • I like the serving size thing. Also I find chewing sugar free gum to help alot.