Old 08-12-2010, 07:05 PM   #1  
fat-fighting ninja!

S/C/G: 276/seeticker/235

Height: 5'7

Unhappy ot-my back

Ok,

So five days ago I really hurt my back while working out of course. I went to the doctor only yesterday to find out I have a slipped disc and a pinched nerve.
So he put me on Emtec during the day and Cyclobenzaprine for the night. I feel completely useless. I so badly want to my back to be better and start working. I just feel like its one thing after another. Bleh.. I must have bad luck..

But i was just wondering if anyone else hurt there back, and how did you get through it with out a downward spiral.

I also have no appetite from the meds so ive been drinking my calories.. I so badly wish that i actually wanted a sandwich

thanks for reading...
2phatinvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 07:28 PM   #2  
getting less fluffy

S/C/G: 255/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

well I have a ruptured disc. L5S1 and have 2 rounds of steroid injections. I had my own grooming shop and hurt it lifting. It even affected my bowels, and the feeling in my privates. Now I did start my WATP till it had been 2 years so I am not sure how long it will be before you can get going again, but wanted to let you know that back problems are horrible. Hopefully yours will slip back in. My hubby's does..out and in. But my is stuck out. I WATP 4- 6 miles a day 5 days a week.
Terre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:41 PM   #3  
Restart Date: 10/25/2009

S/C/G: 215/160/115 HW: 235

Yeouch!! I'm sorry. I've not had a slipped disk so I have no advice. I do hope you are feeling better soon though.
lovemyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:07 PM   #4  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I've never been seriously injured (thank God and knock on wood) so I don't have any advice to offer there, but I do know others here have and have faced the issue of reduced mobility, etc. so I'm sure you'll get some good feedback. I just wanted to say I hope you heal quickly and feel better soon!
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote