3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   how did i get here? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/209748-how-did-i-get-here.html)

esther130 08-11-2010 11:07 PM

how did i get here?

At 230, this is the heaviest I have been in my life. I wasn't this heavy even at nine months pregnant.

When my marriage ended 8 years ago I weighed 140 pounds. Although some women consider this fat, I looked and felt great (at that time I wanted to lose only about 10 pounds). Unfortunately, when I found myself living alone with two small kids, I gained about 55 pounds. I stayed between 170 and 195 for about 7 years. If I tried hard enough I could get into the 170's, which looked OK on me. (but boy did I have to work at it!)

About a year ago, I went over 200 pounds. I'm not even sure what caused me to gain that weight. I wasn't doing anything differently (other than being on several antibiotics, which may or may not have been the problem). Within the last year I have gained 30 more pounds. :?:

Being over 200 pounds has affected my motivation. Before I could motivate myself to lose a few pounds when I needed to, but now I feel defeated. Even if I lose 10 or 15 pounds, I'll still be over 200 pounds. I haven't been able to get out of this negative thought pattern. I'm completely embarassed to tell anyone about this problem. I know they see I've gained weight, but I can't bear to say my weight aloud. The only people who know my weight are my doctor and his nurse- and that was mortifying! :o

I've decided to join this group because I'm hoping that talking about this problem (even if it's with strangers) will help me lose these latest 30 pounds, the previous 55 pounds, and even the 10 pounds I wanted to lose way back then. :)

NETZI81 08-11-2010 11:33 PM

You can do it!

The first step is acknowledging there is a problem and figuring out how you feel about it and what you are going to do change. Here there is a lot of support but ultimately this is a decision you have to make. I went to the gym today and I cried when I looked at myself in the mirror but I am more determined than ever to lose weight. Good luck in your journey!

SarahD140 08-11-2010 11:47 PM

You can do this! The numbers are daunting for so many women here. Your not alone in that. :) Just know we are here to help and for you to lean on.

doingmybest 08-12-2010 12:10 AM

Hi Esther: Welcome to 3FCs :welcome3:

I'm sorry to hear about the stress you have been under.

You are not alone in your struggles. I feel overwhelmed every day when I think about my weight and how much I have to lose. Sometimes, I just don't know how I am going to be able to do this.

But every day, I read 3FCs and I am inspired by the successes of many of the people who post. I also know that there are a lot of us working on the same thing and we understand each other's struggles.

Please post whenever you need a pep talk. :hug:

Nikki6kidsmom 08-12-2010 01:07 AM

Welcome to the group and stick around because this is such an awesome and uplifting support group. The advice and success stories have helped me so much and I know they will help you along to!