Old 07-30-2010, 06:04 PM   #1  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

Default 2-Teens out there?

Anyone in the 2 teens wanna support each other to get out of them?
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 01:12 AM   #2  
Spartan Kitty

S/C/G: 270/*ticker*/160?

Height: 5'4"

I'm in the 2-teens. Have been since, oh, February? March? lol I seem to be a bit stuck! I'd love to have some friends who are working with the same numbers I am (namely, 2-1-something).

My ticker says 215, but the scale this morning said 218.6. I'm waiting to see if those 3 extra lbs are leftover water retention from being on steroids for a few days. Or if they're from the Culver's burger I had tonight for dinner.

Last edited by Latchkey Princess; 07-31-2010 at 01:12 AM.
Latchkey Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 07:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'6 1/2"

I was 219.5 this morning and almost broke my leg doing the happy dance in my tiny front bathroom!!!!
toobig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:05 PM   #4  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

Yay others like me!!! LOL. I weighed in at 217.2 this morning, but I only count my Friday weigh-in's. I hope I am close to at least 215 by next friday! Go girls go!!!
Latchkey, have you tried doing anything with calories, what you are eating or exercise? Seems like a really long plateau! So frustrating! I hope you can get the scale moving soon!
Old 08-01-2010, 12:37 AM   #5  
Spartan Kitty

Eh, it's my fault really. I've been slacking off and eating closer to/above my maintenance calories rather than creating a deficit. I've also been eating junk (like chocolate and chips) instead of veggies and fruit. Also ever since I hurt my knee doing the C25k this winter I've been seriously lacking the exercise department. But I'm getting a membership to my local YMCA in the next few weeks (after my family vacation in August to be precise) and am going to utilize their personal trainers to help me work on a low impact workout that's easy on my knee, and can't wait to use their pool for swimming laps (one of my favorite workouts!).

What is everyone else doing as far as plan? Calorie counting? A specific diet? Whats your exercise plan look like? I could use some ideas! :-)

toobig~ Congrats on getting to the 2-teens! Hope you push right on through them quickly!
Old 08-01-2010, 06:44 AM   #6  

I feel you on the knee pain!!! Mine has been sore for over a week!
Old 08-01-2010, 12:14 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 372.9/352/162??

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latchkey Princess View Post

What is everyone else doing as far as plan? Calorie counting? A specific diet? Whats your exercise plan look like? I could use some ideas! :-)

I'm not part of this 2teen group, LOL, but I wanted to say... I use Fitday.com, and I love how it tells me how many calories I can eat and still lose weight.
ChunkyDunk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:25 PM   #8  
WW start date: 6-14-10

S/C/G: 236/215.4/135

Height: 5'5"

I'm at 215.4 as of yesterday morning. SO close to my mini goal of losing 10% of my starting weight... just 3lbs away! I'm doing weight watchers at home, and honestly have not added exercise yet. I own a small business, and making time for that is really difficult, but that's my goal for August.
corgiXpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 06:23 AM   #9  

Have a good week everyone!

Last edited by toobig; 08-02-2010 at 06:23 AM. Reason: sp
Old 08-02-2010, 12:37 PM   #10  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

Hi all! I weighed in at 216.0 this morning! I hope I don't gain or stall. I know its inevitable but I hope it doesn't happen until I get out of the 200s. To answer your question, I am doing the South Beach Diet. I have a disease called Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome, and it makes my hormones very sensitive to sugar and carbs. I'm TRYING to do Phase 1 for a month, (yesterday was 1 week on plan down! Wohoo! I just realized that!).
For exercise I use Nike+ with my Ipod Touch, and I LOVE it! You can see in my signature that I am shooting for a goal of 113 by the end of the year (its a Nike+ challenge). I really want to do C25K but I am trying to find something that is really compatible with the Nike+.
Make this a GREAT week everyone!
Old 08-02-2010, 01:40 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 238 (all-time high)/Ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

Yep, I'm sitting at 213 now. I'm just happy I maintained that weight thru the weekend from Friday. But I plan to push it hard this week and hope to get to the 0's (what do you call them, anyway?) sometime next week.

Good luck to all the teens out there, we can do it!!
I Can And I Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:21 PM   #12  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

How is everyone doing??? Seems I have stalled! Ugh. So far I am only down a pound this week. I know what the problem is though, I haven't been eating enough calories. Things have been crazy around here, my DH got a huge infection in an impacted tooth, so it has really thrown my schedule off. He's better so I'm hoping things will get back to normal in the nearish future. But for now it looks like I might only record one pound lost on Friday. Grrrr.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:05 PM   #13  

I wish I had opened this thread earlier! I thought you were in search of 2 teenagers!

I'm 215.4 today.
redsox33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:15 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkHoodie View Post
But for now it looks like I might only record one pound lost on Friday. Grrrr.
1 pound a week = 52 pounds in a year. Don't beat yourself up over that, because I think a pound is quite the accomplishment!

I was doing very good with weight loss from March to late May, and then slacked in June, and started getting back into the swing of things in July. Now I'm dedicated to working out daily, with the goal of working out twice a day.

Now, I count things like stretching as a workout... I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Maura Barclay's No Sweat Yoga which you can purchase for a few dollars (3 or 4 I think) at exercise.tv

It's a 30 minute workout with deep stretching. I have troubles with my knee and I noticed a difference when I do the video regularly.

I just jogged for the first time in many many years for a grand total of 10 minutes without stopping. So that's something I'd like to incorporate every other day with the short term goal of getting up to 20 minutes and long term 40+ minute.

I also like to bike. What I'm slacking in lately is weight lifting and ab/core work. I'd like to incorporate weights in 3 times a week and a pilates workout one+ times a week.

As for food, my rule is to never ever be hungry. I mean, have the hunger pangs but don't let it go far enough to feeling dizzy or sick. When my tummy grumbles I eat. But I try my best to eat wholesome foods. Eating out, with the exception of a couple of places, is not an option. I make as much as I can from scratch so I know exactly what's going into my body.

I don't believe in starving yourself to lose weight. I believe in putting in the best nutritious calories possible to be able to perform at a high level during workouts, thus, burning fat and building muscle.

I hope some of my ideas help someone. I'd love to hear what all of you are doing!

redsox33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:56 PM   #15  
Spartan Kitty

I'm doing okay, the scale said 218 even this morning, so thats down .6 lb. It's not a huge difference, but it's better than nothing! I don't officially record my weight 'til Friday tho, so I'm hoping it drops a bit more in the next couple of days.
I've been doing better sticking to an eating plan the past day or two, trying to get past the first couple days of really bad cravings. And I started doing my Turbo Jam, keeping to the low impact alternatives to most of the moves. Now I just have to figure out how to get time to myself every day to do the exercise...

PinkHoodie~ 1lb a week is still a good loss! Especially if you're battling PCOS while trying to lose weight AND dealing with a sick hubby! So kudos to you for losing!