Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2002, 09:46 PM   #1  
missaprylj

Cool NO Ambition...

It seems I've had no ambition to diet for the last few weeks.... and it's um, shown. :'( I'm just tired of constantly panicking about my weight. I don't want to give up, but, I'm so discouraged. Any suggestions? Peace. -Apryl

Old 09-30-2002, 09:13 AM   #2  

I am rootin for you!!!

Old 09-30-2002, 11:13 AM   #3  

Apryl,
I know that you have been doing a lot of walking lately, keep it up! I know that constant worrying about one's weight is a real downer, but if you let the diet become part of your lifestyle instead of just a "diet", you will not even give it a second thought.
Quiet me talks about going low-carb, and there is nothing wrong with it, but for me I love my carbs WAY too much to cut it out of my diet. I find that for myself, the trick is to eat whatever I want, but just watch and measure my portions.
More than anything, remember that you can do this. Take it slow and try not too look at the big picture, just concentrate on the here and now.
Old 09-30-2002, 11:41 AM   #4  

I was laughing because quiet-me is DEFINITELY not the quiet type here, huh?? LOL! Please don't take offense, I loved reading your post, QM! It's obvious you've derived a lot of energy from low-carbing. I'm for low-carb, too, though I've never gotten the huge burst of energy most people feel from doing it ...

What I would add, apryl, is that for me the "magic" has been weight lifting. Walking is great, but something about building my muscles has given me the boost ... my attitude has changed considerably in the past 3 months, my weight is going down slowly but surely, and I really believe that - eventually! - I can do this! So if you're just walking now, think about picking up some dumbbells 3 times a week, even for just 20 minutes or so ...

Best to you!
Pen
255/222/150ish
Old 09-30-2002, 12:09 PM   #5  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

This weekend I was sooo down. I had performed all weekend (I folk dance so it's like going to three 30 minute aerobic classes each day). At the end of the weekend, I jumped on the scale... no loss.

But, this morning I thought about... I also got to enjoy things like cheese and beer and empanadas. I ate like a fiend! And I didn't gain. That's a success too.

Try a change in your perspective.
Old 10-02-2002, 08:06 AM   #6  
hot mom wanna be!

Hi Apryl,
I understand what you are going through. I can be very "gung-ho" on the diet bandwagon and then nothing. I flip back and forth. This is why it has taken me soo long to lose this weight. I could have been at goal if I havent derailed myself so much!! Currently I have NO Ambition either. I have made it to 60 pounds lost which is good but I keep losing a few, gaining a few--- basically staying at 60.
I just wanted to say if nothing else concentrate on not gaining until the motivation fairy comes back for a visit!

Congrats on losing the 20!
laura
Old 10-02-2002, 10:44 PM   #7  
gbo

Dear One.......a lack of ambition........or a lack of focus? Is it a matter of panicking about your weight...........or panicing because you haven't done anything about it to begin with? I had to ask myself that question quite a few pounds ago as I struggled pound for pound. I discovered in my case I was having the anxiety because I had done little about it AND IT SHOWED. I have no idea what I was thinking....that it would just disappear anyway? Well it never did. It does take focus and it does take effort but then what doesn't? Anything worth having takes focus and effort as well we all know. I was tired of feeling like a failure becuase I didn't do what I knew I had to do. Decide what you want for your life. If you are perfctly happy with being overweight and your health is good. Hey, go for it! If you want to change your life, self image, health then make the choise and do it ...take the action needed and keep your mind on your goals. Whatever you do you have to make the choises, no one can do it for you. Your words echoed in my head as I have said the same thing many times. For me it was just one of many excuses I gave me to give my self permission to fail. I know this...... you have to be happy with you and your life in any way shape or form that you choose but it is a habit I have found for the overweight to excuse them selves from their life.....I did for more years than I care to remember. I have paid a heavy price in my health , bones, and enjoyment of life but it took me all these years to get that deep down in my soul. You are probably a lot smarter than I am but here I am looking 50 in the face and having major health problems to get wise. Whatever you choose be happy and enjoy the path not matter what it may be.
Pam
Old 10-03-2002, 12:07 AM   #8  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

cut yourself some slack...
I've been in a "slump" since about late July - then just this week sometime turned back on - how? I have no idea!
During my slump, which lasted about 9 weeks I lost 4 lbs. What's most important is that I don't quit. Sure take some "time off" - but don't quit!
You have lost 20 lbs so far. Excellent.... just don't quit. You worked too hard to lose that weight.

Good Luck to you...
baby steps.. baby steps.. (I love that movie: "what about bob" - it's my motto!)

Dana
Old 10-10-2002, 07:11 PM   #9  
hot mom wanna be!

Angry Hey Apryl!

So-how is it going? Just curious if you were out of your slump or not! I think I have come out of mine. Only three more weeks until Halloween and I'd like to lose SOMETHING by then! Oh well!
We are here for you!
laura
Old 10-10-2002, 09:50 PM   #10  
missaprylj

Eh.

Old 10-13-2002, 05:12 PM   #11  
hot mom wanna be!

Cool

Sorry to hear that! Eh doesnt sound so good. I am "eh" too! I really need to motivate myself.
take care!
laura
Closed Thread