Old 08-06-2010, 04:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 244.2/233.8/140

Height: 5'8"

Default What helps you stay motivated?

Other than over-all health. That is definitely the top reason to motivate you.

Do you have a future event, birthday, anniversary, party, reunion, vacation etc?

I tried losing weight numerous of times, and failed. The thing motivating me is my 7th year wedding anniversary vacation. Dh and I are going to Walt Disney World for 6 nights. I want to be able to truly enjoy myself and not stop myself from doing anything because of my weight. I want to enjoy the pool area, and not worry about what I look like in a bathing suit. I knew about this trip 2 years ago, I just wish I would have started sooner!!

Another motivater is my dh told me he would pay for a tummy tuck and boob lift or boob job (whatever I want) after I lost the weight, that really motivates me (these are things I want and asked for )! We set a date for Jan 2012. That will give me enough time to reach goal.

I am just interested in what helps everyone, is there a certain thing or event.
PudgyGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:35 PM   #2  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

TBH, what motivates me is fear ~ I'm afraid that I'll eat myself into an early grave.

Hopefully, a nearer alternative is a trip to Israel I'm making in January.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:41 PM   #3  
Knowing I'm worth it!

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Motivation is a fleeting thing. I've been motivated so many times only to see it evaporate, which usually leaves me fatter and more disgusted with myself.

But, what can you do? I refuse to give up, so I have to reevaluate and find not only the motivation but the commitment that hopefully this time will see me reaching my weight-loss goal.

My current and most important motivations are:
  • I want to get married and I want to look good when I say I do.
  • I want a promotion at my job, and I know that the slimmer I am the more confident I will have to get that promotion
  • I want to prove to a girlfriend who doesn't believe I really want to be slim that I really do want to be slim!
  • I want to give my sweetie a healthy, fit, and sexy body because he has given me everything a woman could possibly want, and more.
Teresa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:53 PM   #4  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

My motivation while I was losing was a pair of size 4 jeans hanging on the outside of my closet door & hoping I can be in good enough shape to keep up with my 3 kids. My DH travels a lot and with him gone so much I wanted to be as active as I can with my kids
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 177.6/163/145

Height: 5'8''

my motivators are:
~ Trip to Pittsburgh in November (i know it'll be cold but i wanna look hot!)
~ Trip to hot destination in December
~ The Victoria's Secret bikini hanging on my bedroom door
~ Hopefully picking out a wedding gown in the next 1-2 years (makes me giddy to type that!)
~ the thought of running into highschool friends!
Aubrey87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:32 PM   #6  
Highest Known Weight: 305

S/C/G: 290.5/Tic/199

Height: 5'7"

I am mostly with Rosinante on this one, although I am looking forward to all the "extras".

I saw my mom lose, gain, lose, gain, my entire upbringing. For her, it was a vanity thing. My poor mom never got it, and she suffered tremendously because of bad nutrition. I honestly don't know if her horrible processed food choices contributed to the cancer that took her in 2006, but I know it scared the **** out of me.

I vowed to myself to change my life after she passed, but it was just words until recently. I started having panic attacks a few months ago. I thought that I was having a heart attack and that I was on the brink of dying. I knew that I had no CHOICE other than to change.

Last edited by kallismom; 08-06-2010 at 06:32 PM.
kallismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:37 PM   #7  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa66 View Post
Motivation is a fleeting thing. I've been motivated so many times only to see it evaporate, which usually leaves me fatter and more disgusted with myself.
Pretty much this. I have never taken this gaining-weight thing easily and have been fighting it tooth and nail.

I don't need any extrinsic motivators. I am motivated by how much easier each and every day gets.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:34 PM   #8  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

Some of my (sometimes) motivation is:
* 10 Year High School Reunion next summer (yikes!)
* Trip to Disneyland next Spring.
* Feeling good that I am able to move easier with every pound lost
* More confidence.
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:43 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 8"

I want to be healthier for myself, but I am motivated a bit more by the fact that I need a 'work' wardrobe starting mid Nov. I also will be graduating in May and will need some 'interview' outfits.
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:10 AM   #10  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

So far pain has been my greatest motivation this time. I'm just so tired of being in pain all the time & not just physical pain but emotional pain as well. Also, knowledge has been a big motivator too. I've learned that nearly all of my health problems are directly related to being obese, I didn't know that until recently. It's actually a vicious cycle. I'm hoping and praying and working like **** to break the cycle.
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 01:25 AM   #11  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Health and the fear of dying are what got me going.

What keeps me going is the disappointed look on a local chicks face every time she see me and checks me out side to side and up and down...LOL. She's a bitter and cynical person who told everyone I had super-duper secret gastric by-pass surgery to lose weigh, (I didn't). Of course this was after she had told people not to be jealous of my weight loss because I would gain it all back soon enough, so naturally I had to have had surgery, because...heck, I haven't gained the weight back yet. Oh boy. Gotta love small town gossip.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 01:29 AM   #12  
Skittles

S/C/G: 299/286.8/160

Height: 5'5"

Pain is a major motivation for me as well. More recently, physical pain. In the past couple weeks, even, I've been noticing more pains than usual. I stand on my feet for eight hours a day, and my knees are getting fed up with it. I've done this for nearly five years, five days a week. One my knees is even inflamed. Dx

Another motivation is the trip I'm making to see my love at the end of October. :3 I want him to see a thinner me this time around. We'll also be going to Fright Fest at Six Flags St. Louis and I want to be able to ride the rides there! Which I haven't been able to do for a couple of years...

And, speaking of Fright Fest....I want a cute, sexy Halloween costume this year! Even if I can fit into one of the plus sized ones I'll be happy. I know I won't make it to goal by October 31st, but I'll be close enough to be happy. c:
oliconnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 02:50 AM   #13  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Bell View Post
Health and the fear of dying are what got me going.

What keeps me going is the disappointed look on a local chicks face every time she see me and checks me out side to side and up and down...LOL. She's a bitter and cynical person who told everyone I had super-duper secret gastric by-pass surgery to lose weigh, (I didn't). Of course this was after she had told people not to be jealous of my weight loss because I would gain it all back soon enough, so naturally I had to have had surgery, because...heck, I haven't gained the weight back yet. Oh boy. Gotta love small town gossip.
Oh, I love this!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 02:56 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 252/198/140

Height: 5'5

I just blogged about this tonight!
For me its old fat pictures of myself. I look at them and remind myself I can never look like that again it was not healthy.
tryn2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 03:51 AM   #15  
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

To be able to wear a size 12 (UK)
To ski up and down the mountain all day
To do the things I never did because of my weight
To not be the fattest person in the room, restaurant, cinema, plane etc
To be able to go to the doctor and not have every ailment be about my weight
To believe I am beautiful
To wake up energised
To go to my brothers wedding and be the hottest one there (apart from the bride of course!)
To be able to LIVE my life
x
starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote