Old 08-05-2010, 06:45 AM   #1  

Default lumpy bumpy under your skin, normal?

Hi everyone,

I can now feel small lumpy pebble shaped bumps (I guessing fat) under my skin - stomach & upper arms...never noticed it before...has anyone experienced this.

I really don't know if it's always been like this, as I have always tried to ignore my fat, or is this a result of fat cells starting to decrease (one can only hope). I'm pretty before it was hard, solid fat. Just curious on others experiences.
debs54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:26 AM   #2  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

There are some interesting theories about this and I can't describe any of them! But yes, it's normal. My thighs are especially bad. Some people think this phenomenon occurs especially just before a whoosh. And I've lost two inches from my thighs this month whereas in comparison I've only lost three inches total from them in the entire 9 months I've been doing this, so....maybe there's something to that!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:12 AM   #3  
Slow and Steady

S/C/G: 353/see ticker/178

Height: 5'11''

I have this too, especially in my bat wings. It has become even more prevalent in the last 2 months, I am assuming because I am getting to a point where the skin is hanging off of me in places now and when I pinch it there is nothing but those pebble size bumps.
OrganizedChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:59 AM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I have a hard lumps like this on my thigh and I've had it for a long time. My husband has them too. His doctor told him it's fat deposits. I would guess that it's not because we're losing weight but more that they are more noticeable now that we're losing weight, if that makes sense.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:14 AM   #5  

thanks for responds, I'll be keeping an eye on it...and crossing my fingers weight lifting workouts will eat that fat up!!
debs54 is offline   Reply With Quote