Old 08-04-2010, 12:53 PM   #1  
If I can; YOU Can!

S/C/G: 292/Ticker/175 height: 5'9

Height: 5'9

Unhappy stress, the ultimate unmotivator....

Blahhhhh, for the past few days Ive been yo-yoing in && out of ONEderland. Its between 198 && 201 lbs. I am in such a stressful funk right now && can't get myself motivated to exercise. Not even dance to my favorite rap && techno music. I need to get out of this to lose the last 25lbs! It would take NO time if I could get remotivated.. I know my sons are driving me crazy && Im an emotional wreck about my stepdaughter coming home next week. So glad school starts the 11th, I wont be as stressed out then.

Anyone else in a weird yo-yo type funk?
Scilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:04 PM   #2  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

I have to disagree a bit with your title. For me when situations I can't control are causing stress I find great comfort in sticking to my eating/exercise plan as something I CAN control.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:05 PM   #3  
Cat Cuddler

S/C/G: 287/266/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Scilla:

I've spent years in a yo-yo type funk due to family stress!!! I completely feel your pain!!! This is my number one problem - I have had a terrible time controlling my eating when stressed out. For many years, I just gave up and the result is that I now have over 100 lbs. to lose.

Is there any way to give yourself some time away from the stress to unwind?
Can you give yourself any non-food rewards for just hanging in there?

If posting is helping you get through this, then please continue to vent as much as you need to!!!!
doingmybest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:36 PM   #4  
If I can; YOU Can!

S/C/G: 292/Ticker/175 height: 5'9

Height: 5'9

I normally do sooo well and even better when stressed out. But its like Ive been pushed beyond my control limit. Im not eating a lot or eating unhealthy. I dunno.. just ovetwhelmed && need a break from everythin/one...
Scilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:48 PM   #5  
I'M WORKING ON IT

S/C/G: 205/ticker/127

Height: 5'3"

I'm going through the same thing right now, and it's horrible! Every morning I wake up saying "I'm starting over today" but then, nothing. I'm thinking about too much and don't think about what I put in my mouth because I'm distracted. On top of that when I have high stress, eczema breaks out on my hands and it makes it impossible for me to workout or go roller skating (i cant put on my wrist guards because of it), or do any sport that requires me holding anything, like volleyball, tennis, skipping rope, anything! I can't even do yoga because I can't hold myself up with my hands. I feel terrible, I just want it all to go away so I can go back to being able to concentrate on my food intake and be able to exercise without almost having a nervous breakdown because my mind is racing faster than I am on the treadmill.
RienQueNny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:57 PM   #6  
this space for rent

S/C/G: 274/274/140

Height: 5'8"

I know what you mean...I've been in the 220's for too long...my sis's mental health problems hadn't helped. so what I did was go see the author of the engine 2 diet (Rip something or other) to re-affirm why I went on a diet. Also i had a 230's scare (read the scale completely wrong) and that cemented my recommittment. I figured that I fell away when I stopped updating my food diary. I've started using it again and will start to do better. Maybe I'll finally be out of the 220's by September
eroica27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 195.5/130/120

Height: 5' 6"

I find that exercise is the BEST thing for stress! If you can just get yourself outside or to the gym, you'll feel so much better. Even if it is just a 20 min. walk around the block or maybe some yoga.

This will give you time to relax, and give you some "me time", not to mention an endorphin rush! Also, make sure you're not confusing depression for stress - they are 2 very different things and you may need to see a doctor if it is depression.

Last edited by Shytowngal; 08-04-2010 at 02:04 PM.
Shytowngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:53 AM   #8  
WW Moderator

Have you tried yoga? When stressed, it's really hard to start a session because you're thinking about the problems in life, but after a few moves, it will feel so good to stretch and breathe, and you'll feel that stress pushing out of your fingers toward the ceiling. It's a great refresher for the body and the mind, and leads to more positive acts.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:30 AM   #9  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

I agree that it is a great stress relief. Even if you think you don't wanna do it - DO IT!! You will feel 100% better!
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:36 AM   #10  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Yep -- was there earlier this week with family stress.

Hang in there! Try your best to refocus and bust through this wall!

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:41 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 325/125/maintaining

Height: 5'6.5

I found a new stress reliever...reading. Well, I used to read a lot as a teen but quit reading for pleasure when I went to college. I recently started reading again and found it takes me to a quiet place away from all my daily stress. Maybe you can find a new way to relax? Any hobbies that you used to do or have been wanting to try?
KatMarie is offline   Reply With Quote