Old 08-04-2010, 08:27 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks..... a new twist in my health.................In the realm of everything seems to be going wrong...I now have a huge painful rash as a result of the antibiotic for the other rash. I went back to the dermatologist and we have a new approach to all this. I am feeling weary of the whole thing, really. But - I found this quote....“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving” Albert Einstein So - I will keep moving forward and carry on.

Time to start planning carefully again. Everyone have a great day.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:51 AM   #17  
I'm on my way!

S/C/G: 260/172/160

Height: 5'6"

{{{husgs}}} Bevjoy! Sorry to hear about this latest medical bummer!!

I am off to Six Flags this morning. Today I am down .8 to 225.2 and my blood sugar was 95!!!!!

Have a great day everyone!
TXMary2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:40 AM   #18  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! It's a busy day of meetings today, but at least that means being in a/c, not out in the heat!

Beverlyjoy--Oh no...that's terrible! LOVE the quote! You will conquer this!

TXMary--Have fun and GREAT job!!!!!!!!!!

ANewCreation--Thanks! I hope so...hubby and I are thinking about a long weekend trip to New York City to see a Broadway show...the dress would be perfect, but we'll see...I LOVE farmers markets. I think I get hung up on how everything is so inexpensive and yummy...I over-buy, so I am really trying! Mmmm, your lunch sounds delish!!! We are having spag. squash for dinner tonight too (leftover)...I am going to stop and get mushrooms to saute and add to it tonight.

peachykeen--Keep up the great work!

jab--I read your post too fast and thought YOU had the virus...so glad you were able to get it fixed AND the scale moved down.

TOM is here for me, so once again, staying FAR away from the scale!

Last night I grilled a small boneless pork loin and some zucchini. YUM!!! Hubby loved both. Tonight is leftover spaghetti squash and grilled chicken. It feels SO good to be eating healthier again!

Have a great day! Stay cool and drink lots of water!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:18 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Peachykeen62--great job on the exercise!

jab91864--Yay on the wt loss!!!!

((( BeverlyJoy))) I'm so sorry for your trials but I have to compliment you on your attitude--you inspire me chickie!

TXMaty2--Blood sugar numbers are awesome--good job!

mj5--ooooh, a NY weekend and a broadway show--I'm jealous Yes, I feel better to with eating right and exercise. I've just been the energizer bunny this week!

Haven't kept calorie counts today. Woke up too late for breakfast so I skipped that. Lunch was some delicious Vietnamese food so no calorie counts there and frankly I was so tired by the time dinner came around I didn't bother with calorie counting. Having said all that, I ate healthy food and I ate my usual reasonable portions. I brought home half my lunch and I'll probably have that tomorrow for lunch.

Everyone is doing such a good job--keep up the good work chickies!

ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:54 AM   #20  
I'm on my way!

mj- I haven't tried spaghetti squash, butI hear it is awesome. My husband is going to grow some for us this fall so we can try it out!

anew-Yeah for reasonable portions!!

I took the kids to Six Flags yesterday...we got there around 11:30 and didn't leave until 9. Spent the whole day walking, standing, swimming - I know I burned way more than I ate. It wasn't the best food choice day, but it was convenient and I knew I'd be active.I ate:

B: Coffee and Breakfast Jack from JIB
L: Chicken Salad sandwhich (homemade - we brought the cooler)
2 small wedges of watermelon
snack bag of cheetos

s: a few bites of my sons' frozen strawberry lemonade slush

d: double steakburger with cheese and fries at Freddy's Steakburgers
1 scoop chocolate frozen custard on a cake cone

All that and this morning I am down a pound- broke my 8 days stuck at 225 something and am down to 224.2 Yippeee!

Today is rest and recover, good food, chores and grocery shopping. Hope you all have a great day!!!!
Old 08-05-2010, 09:05 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

Beverylyjoy~ I am so sorry you are still having health issues!!!

Txmary~ it was bad but sounded really tasty!! =0)

To everyone else I hope you have a GREAT day OP!!!!

I have come to the conclusion I will never catch up, life just seems to sling too many things at me at once and I am forever feeling as if I am scrambling to catch everything. So as usual I am behind. Spent too much time trying to get my mind around a math formula that has been giving me grief for 4 days, FINALLY managed to get the formulation to work out, now if I can just remember to do it the same way next time without looking at my notes...lol. I think I am too old to re-train !!

Yesterdays food

coffee with skim milk and sweetener
water
cheerios (dry)
dried cranberries

brown rice w/fresh basil & splash of olive oil
fresh tomatoes
water

2 hot dogs (no bread)
cottage cheese
tomatoes
water

100 calorie pack of light popcorn
water

Different work schedule today so my day will be off kilter in some way when it comes to food...lol.
jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:27 AM   #22  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Hi all. I took a day off from the gym yesterday, partially because of being a little sore and partially because I knew that the instructor was going to be a substitute. It was Body Flow and I am kind of picky on who is the instructor for that class. Other classes, I don't care, but that one is just so different than what I'm used to, so I really want consistency. In other words, I was a big baby about it and didn't want to step out of my box. But, I went to spin class this morning, so I feel better. My legs are sore, but I'm glad I went.

Jab: Oh I hear you. It is just so hard to handle everything life has to throw at us! Hang in there!

TXMary: Sounds like a good time for you yesterday!

MJ: Much easier to go to meetings when it is hot outside. When it is a really nice day, it is so hard to sit in a meeting!

ANewCreation: You get a yummy lunch today!

Beverly: Hope you're feeling better soon. You've really had a string of problems lately.

Has anyone heard from GirlyGirlSebas lately? I've missed seeing her posts!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:24 PM   #23  
mj5

HI everyone! Just a quick pop in from me right now. I went to the farmers market again today and bought what I could that was already on my grocery list (radishes, onions, peppers,...stuff like that), so tonight I'll spend less at the store AND have yummier veggies!

Tomorrow is our work picnic. Members of our wellness committee have been working with the people planning the picnic, so there should be healthier choices food-wise, so that will be nice. We are also getting bonuses. I am SO excited! We work for a non-profit human services agency...getting a bonus rarely happens, so this is MUCH appreciated!

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 08-06-2010, 07:24 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

I did really well on food yesterday , even passed up cupcakes at lunch...then I got home from work...lol. Worked a later shift so I was late coming home. My oldest daughter came for a visit and pizza was involved. Pizza is my kryptonite as usual...

Today is another day onward and downward with the scale... I hope everyone has a GREAT day, I am off to work!!

Yesterday's food

tea
water
2 morningstar patties

yogurt
water

grapes
rice w/veggies
yogurt
water

pizza
water
jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:43 PM   #25  
mj5

Hi everyone! Hope you are all having a great weekend. I had a great time w/ my 4 y/o niece today.

Hubby and I have the day off tomorrow...very excited! No plans, just nice to have a day together!
Old 08-08-2010, 09:12 AM   #26  
I'm on my way!

Happy Sunday ladies. I am still stuck at 225 - for 2 weeks now!!!!! This so sucks. I haven't gone over my calorie range except for 1 day. I exercise 5 days a week.....but I know I don't get enough water and I am working on that. Also I have a wacky TOM cycle and I think I am bloated. One day I was 224 and then the next shot up to 226. Today I am 225.4 and it is making me crazy.

I was only 1500 something calories yesterday and I did 30 minutes on the treadmill.

Have a great day everyone.