3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Out of the closet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/208561-out-closet.html)

Rosinante 07-30-2010 04:18 AM

Out of the closet

I've been closet shopping this morning and managed to rehabilitate a pair of trousers, 2 sweaters and my previous uniform shirt. Hurrah on this last! The one I'm wearing is now like a bell-tent. Plus, I only have the one, they're kind of expensive to buy. As of Sunday, I'll now have two. Woohoo!

Despite a bouncelet this morning - I bet it was yesterday's bacon water - I'm happy with this as an NSV. :)

BecomingMaggie 07-30-2010 04:32 AM

Congratulations! I have been reclaiming clothes lately too. My daughter is jealous because it is like I have a new pair of jeans every week. I am now in the smallest ones that I have in my closet so soon I will have to go shopping!

duckchick 07-30-2010 05:36 AM

Awesome news, ladies!! Can't wait to get there myself!:D

Eliana 07-30-2010 07:13 AM

Awe, I love closet shopping. My closet "store" is finally closed. There's nothing left to hope to get into. I need to make a trip to the thrift store just for the joy of having a good solid goal item.

Saturday mornings my new favorite thing to do is try on everything in my closet!

kallismom 07-30-2010 07:25 AM

Congrats Rosinante! You are doing so well!

time2lose 07-30-2010 08:42 AM

I love closet shopping too! This is a great NSV!

lovemyboy 07-30-2010 09:30 AM

Yay! It is fun to go shopping in the closet. I have one mire pair of pants that I am within about 5 pounds of wearing and then I have to buy new. I need to re-learn how to shop for my size now though.

You are doing fantastic!

Rosinante 09-08-2010 06:43 PM

When I beganagain at the end of May, I followed the instructions in my book (Neris and India's Idiot Proof Diet), and took all the clothes that just didn't remotely fit out of my closet. I just laid them on the bed in the spare room ~ and I forgot about them.

Come today, and I'm cleaning the spare room ready for family this weekend, and there's all this stuff. I began trying them on in a "I don't suppose...." frame of mind and dammit, about 80% of them do!

In fact, and this is going to sound weird, when I rehung them in my wardrobe and thought briefly about what I might wear at the family lunch for mother's 90th, I was almost angry that I had so much choice. Is that Really Odd? I'm so used to making do with what fits that it felt, briefly, like an added pressure to have to make a decision. I'll get used to it!

Jen516 09-08-2010 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eliana (Post 3411493)
Saturday mornings my new favorite thing to do is try on everything in my closet!

Ha! I can totally relate! I keep trying on the same clothes over and over! :D

SeaWave 09-08-2010 07:11 PM

I can't wait to closet shop. Of course, in my case it's box shop because it's all in boxes downstairs! You're doing great, Rosinante, and your NSVs are wonderful inspirations!

AuntBea 09-26-2010 02:42 PM

This is a tardy congratulations, Rosinante, but sincere all the same! Good for you!

I had to laugh this weekend because I discovered some of my blouses are closing up less tightly than they have been. And my bras are looser. Laughed because some things never change: The FIRST place I have always seen evidence of weight loss has been my chest.

Rosinante 09-26-2010 03:06 PM

Thanks, AuntBea! LOL at your loose bras!

I've just found a lace coat thing today and if I don't wear it up this week, it'll soon be too big! wowowowow!

Teresa66 09-26-2010 06:57 PM

I have three boxes of packed clothes that I long to fit into. I keep telling myself I should wait until I lose at least 20lbs before attempting to try them on, but after reading your thread I think I just might get those clothes out and make them a bit more accessible.

Rosinante, your posts are always such a delight to read. I love your spirit. :hug:

VickieLou 09-26-2010 10:16 PM

Great NSV! It's fun to closet shop. I plan on going through my Fall clothes tomorrow. Then I will put away the summer clothes or give some away.

Rosinante 09-27-2010 02:35 AM

:kiss:

Teresa, it's a balancing act for me: if I try on clothes too soon, it's sometimes hard to be philosophical if they Still don't fit; but then yes, don't want to miss the Wearability Window!

VickieLou - enjoy your fall rummage!