Old 07-27-2010, 12:35 PM   #1  
Finally Losing Myself

S/C/G: SW 278/ CW see ticker/ GW 150

Height: 5'5

Default I need help understanding a STALL

I broke the 100 pound weight loss goal in the beginning of JUNE. I have stayed the same since (bouncing within 3 pounds). I have upped my exercise and switched it up trying to get things moving again. I am walking/running about 15 miles a week. Doing an intense boot camp class 3 times a week and switched it from night till 5 am. I added in kickboxing about 4 weeks ago which I take once a week.

I am drinking water all the time and a 24 case of waters is lasting me 3 days max.Always get water out to eat too. I have already given up soda about 3 months ago. My eating is pretty much what it has been all along. I guess I could need MORE calories but I don't find myself hungry often. I eat my usual salads, favorite lean cuisines , lots of grilled chicken, fresh veggies, apples, granola, my favorite subway sandwich, grilled veggies,kashi cereal, or eggs. This has worked for me so far I had another LONG stall around 200 pounds and starting the boot camp class helped moved it. I had thought the kickboxing and extra running would move it along.

Anyone with any words of wisdom or Been there done that advice. This stall is bringing me DOWN!
Nikki6kidsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:01 PM   #2  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

I was having very similar problems and tried similar solutions. In frustration I decided to do a more radical change in eating to see if I could move things - go low carb. It's not something I really like because I prefer balanced approaches to things, but if it works to get me going I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:13 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I stalled out for 6 months just about where you did. I firmly believe that, sometimes, stalls happen and you can't force your body to do what it doesn't want to, no matter how much the math disagrees.

What finally solved it for me was POSSIBLY a forced (knee surgery) exercise reduction. I don't recommend that for everyone (exercise is GOOD for many things other than weight loss), and I don't know if that's even what caused the restart of my losses.

Basically, you just keep going. I think the body catches up eventually. My wife went one and a half YEARS of not changing her habits, at 1400-1500 a day...all of a sudden 3 months ago, she dropped 10 lbs. So it's not linear or predictable, but if you keep going, I think you eventually get the rewards.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:06 PM   #4  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

When I was having frequent and lengthy stalls, I now think it was because I was changing things too radically too often. I could be wrong. You never know why a stall really ends. I started making radical changes but I gave the changes a couple weeks before I decided it wasn't working...and my changes started to actually work. My favorite change is to increase or change up the exercise, but again, give it time to work.

I stall two weeks out of every month no matter what I do. Once I came to peace with that, I have a very nice routine of stalling two weeks, then losing two weeks. With that pattern I lost 4-8 pounds per month with is an average of 1-2 pounds per week.

I just stopped fighting the stall. That's assuming you're on plan, of course.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:16 PM   #5  
Finally Losing Myself

S/C/G: SW 278/ CW see ticker/ GW 150

Height: 5'5

Than ya'll for replying. I may give my carbs a closer look but I too perfer a balance diet I can live forever on an super low carb just isn't me. I am already pretty d@mn strict with my diet and I know I have become a pain to go out to eat with but I have to be this way to get healthy. I have become SUPER salt sensitive and I can't enjoy salted foods anymore.

I am keeping up the fight , I am doing ALOT of weight training I have been losing and toning really strong since January and I know that I am getting so strong and alot more "cut". So its a juggling act between losing fat gaining muscle.

Eliana, I too lose 2 weeks a month normally. I so want the scale to move soon. I know with school starting right around the corner just the reduction in stress could help me . I am just tried of people saying maybe THIS is where you body wants to stay. I say NO WAY I am not settling short of my goal. Oh what I wouldn't do to have my tummy tuck money ready to go. Sigh!
Nikki6kidsmom is offline   Reply With Quote