Old 07-23-2010, 07:02 AM   #16  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by renstwin View Post

Am I the only person that wants Bella to end up with Jacob?
No, you are not! At least in the movies. I do not see her attraction to Edward AT. ALL. But I get it in the books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
I'm on team "Dump the dramatic boys, stop trying to change yourself so they love you, and go to college". Does that count?
In the first three books, no, I get it. In the fourth book...wow. Dramatic...overdone...creepy...poor messages all the way around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onederchic View Post
Eliana - I have read all the books and I am a vampire geek so I did enjoy them and the movies as well though during Eclipse, it was the 2nd movie shown, my bf kept yawning dramatically
I did not enjoy "Eclipse". I shouldn't be surprised...movies never stand up to my expectations, but I just thought this one was really boring for such a great book. I really enjoyed the story and did not feel like it dragged, but boy was the movie a snooze. I understand your boyfriend's reaction!

Movie four should be interesting...to say the very least!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:51 AM   #17  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana View Post
No, you are not! At least in the movies. I do not see her attraction to Edward AT. ALL. But I get it in the books.

In the first three books, no, I get it. In the fourth book...wow. Dramatic...overdone...creepy...poor messages all the way around.

I did not enjoy "Eclipse". I shouldn't be surprised...movies never stand up to my expectations, but I just thought this one was really boring for such a great book. I really enjoyed the story and did not feel like it dragged, but boy was the movie a snooze. I understand your boyfriend's reaction!

Hehe I agree
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 03:47 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
:

Movie four is actually going to be movie four and five. They are breaking up "Breaking Dawn" into two parts.

I'm so iffy on Twilight in general because they are so poorly written

Anyways, sounds like you had a good time, which is what really matters!
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 04:08 PM   #19  
Resident Pixie

Thanks
Old 07-23-2010, 05:00 PM   #20  
If I can; YOU Can!

S/C/G: 292/Ticker/175 height: 5'9

Height: 5'9

Have A Great Time!!!!!!
Scilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 05:20 PM   #21  
Resident Pixie

Thanks, I enjoyed both flicks
Old 07-23-2010, 07:18 PM   #22  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I liked the books, in the vein of a mcdonald's hamburger - slid right down and no digestion required But I'm a grown woman and know it for the escapist fluff BS that it is -- I worry a young girl is watching it thinking "wow some day a crazy hot guy (or TWO) is going to love me so much he hangs on my every thought and word, only does what's best for me, cares only of my feelings and wants to lavish me with gifts and affection and will NEVER try to make me sleep with him" Yah that's so going to happen LOL
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:16 AM   #23  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckyyellowfeet View Post
I'm so iffy on Twilight in general because they are so poorly written!
Did you know they only get worse with subsequent readings? I have this OCD issue where once I've seen the movie I have to re-read the book because I want the BOOK in my mind, not the movie. I keep watching the movies with different people (first my husband, then my niece, then my friend) so then I have to re-read the book! I really do like the story or I wouldn't bother, but the writing. Her editor really should have caught that she uses "incredulous" in its various forms at least 20 times and also should have caught the way over done cliche "alabaster brow"!! And all the facial movements!! I could go on...so sorry Onederchic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazey34 View Post
I liked the books, in the vein of a mcdonald's hamburger - slid right down and no digestion required But I'm a grown woman and know it for the escapist fluff BS that it is -- I worry a young girl is watching it thinking "wow some day a crazy hot guy (or TWO) is going to love me so much he hangs on my every thought and word, only does what's best for me, cares only of my feelings and wants to lavish me with gifts and affection and will NEVER try to make me sleep with him" Yah that's so going to happen LOL
I hadn't thought about it quite that way, but you're right. I have major issues with "Breaking Dawn" for this reason, but I don't want to spoil anything for anyone. I'll just say I think the way their relationship plays out at the beginning of the book sends the message that if he hurts you it's ok as long as he's really, really sorry. And I won't even get into what I think about what she does to Jacob!

Last edited by Eliana; 07-24-2010 at 09:17 AM.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 03:20 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Did you know they only get worse with subsequent readings? I have this OCD issue where once I've seen the movie I have to re-read the book because I want the BOOK in my mind, not the movie. I keep watching the movies with different people (first my husband, then my niece, then my friend) so then I have to re-read the book! I really do like the story or I wouldn't bother, but the writing. Her editor really should have caught that she uses "incredulous" in its various forms at least 20 times and also should have caught the way over done cliche "alabaster brow"!! And all the facial movements!! I could go on...so sorry Onederchic!
I DO know they get worse with additional readings! Want to make them really bad? Listen to them on a book-on-tape form. Its pretty much the worse thing ever. Excellent when trying to block out pool noise however.

I wrote a paper on how the books tell teens a mixed message on love, healthy relationships, family dynamics and goal aspirations...so now, I pretty much cannot read any of the books without wanting to cry. I just finished my degree in English and it kills me that she makes that much money when even I could write better!
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote