Hi all! I'm new.

• Hi. I'm so glad I found you! (Maybe I'll burst into song. . .)

I have been a fat person, chubby person, or person who thought she was fat my whole life. (I've either been on the way down or on the way up, never just hovering at a comfortable weight.)

This is unhappy stuff. Yucky and frustrating. But, my new motivation is that in order to adopt a child from Korea through the agency we are working with, I have to lose at least 40 pounds. We could have picked a different country and I wouldn't have to lose any weight at all, but God seemed to be pointing us to Korea again and again.

So, here I am, glad to find some kind people who know how it is . . .

Angi
  • Hi Angi

My name is Kim, from Texas, 29 w/ no kids..and I have about 150lbs to lose. This is a great site and you'll find much support and friendship here. I am also hypothyroid and have finally (after 1.5 years) got it regulated with levothyroxine. I am following a 1500 cal plan set up for a diabetic (runs crazy through my family..) by our local dietician. If you need some support or encouragement, I'm available for the honour.

Take care!
  • well hi there girls... welcome!!! post often.. ask questions. share share share.

i've been kind of out of the loop for awhile, even though the folks here are always in my heart... it's a great bunch, and full of information.

just ask!!!
  • Hi! I am new here also and I was just wondering why you have to lose 40 pounds to adopt a child in Korea? Whatever the reason ,if it is any of my business, good luck!! What better motivation than a child to love and call your own?

Hugs,
    Tracy
  • To answer your question, Tracy, the agency in Korea requires that the people adopting their children are healthy. One of the ways they define that is that the parents be no more than 20% overweight.

Angi
  • Hi Angi & welcome!

This is the place to be for support. I would love to do all I can to help you through this. The thought that at the end of this journey not only will you be healthier and thinner, but you'll get the most precious gift of all! A child!!
  • Welcome Angi! I'm new here, too--you'll like this board as there are many nice, nice folks to support you. You have an important goal to achieve and everyone here will see to it that you make it!!

Barb

• Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!

Make yourself at home!!!

• Welcome to all of you new posters!!! I've found this to be a wonderful place for support, encouragement & accountability! Come around OFTEN & post even more This board really is helping me in my journey to a healthier self.
  • Welcome aboard
    I'm fairly new, too, but I've learned this place is awesome for inspiration, motivation, information sharing, encouragement, etc. Welcome!
  • A great big HOWDY!! to all our new posters. Feel free to jump in anywhere. The more you post, the more you learn, about yourself and others.

WELCOME!! WELCOME!!
  • Thanks all for your welcome and encouragement. I've made it a goal to post something (and journal) every day. This will help me keep my focus.

I've had one successful day, and for that I'm grateful!

Angi