Yep, today marks exactly 2 years that I decided to change my lifestyle and get to a healthier me. I posted the list of changes before but felt compelled to post them again with some new ones tacked on.
1. Stopped eating fast foods (as in they are no longer staple foods for me
2. Stopped eating junk foods (with the exception of a handful of chips or fries on rare occasions).
3. Stopped smoking (after a 21 year, 2 pack a day habit).
4. Started exercising.
5. My skin is no longer dry and flaky.
6. My hair is no longer dull.
7. I can breathe when I am walking (and jogging!!) now.
8. Before, I had these dark marks on my fingernails and toenails, all gone now.
9. I can see my feet when I look down without having to push on my belly.
10. My menstrual cycle is more regular and not as heavy now.
11. I no longer suffer with insomnia.
12. I no longer sleep walk.
13. My sleep apnea went bye bye.
14. I am not on medicines for high blood pressure any longer.
15. I don't have ulcer troubles anymore.
16. I don't suffer with acid reflux or heartburn anymore.
17. I moved from Tennessee to New York.
18. I went from a size 28 to a size 14 in pants.
19. I don't wear 4 x shirts anymore, I can wear large.
20. I stopped drinking a 12 pack of soda everyday, now I have 2 diet sodas in a week.
21. I drink water now, lots of it when before I cringed from it.
22. I have lost, to date, 158.5 pounds.
23. I am comfortable with my weight for the first time in years, not my body but my weight.
24. I finally believe I do deserve to be healthy.
25. I finally believe I will reach my goals.
26. I stopped a 15 year BC headache powder addiction. May not seem like anything spectacular but I was sucking down at least 7-8 of these powders EVERY DAY but that stopped months ago.
27. I rededicated my life to God.
28. I stopped wanting to die and now I am eager to live and be alive.
In closing, I would like to say HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to myself and my new healthier life!!!