3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   What's your favorite summertime salad? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/207769-whats-your-favorite-summertime-salad.html)

cfmama 07-21-2010 12:41 PM

What's your favorite summertime salad?

Right now I'm LOVING

fresh romaine with raspberries, blueberries, clementines, red onions, snap peas and cherry tomato's. Topped with a cup of chicken breast and some italian dressing! Yum

what's yours???

Eliana 07-21-2010 12:44 PM

My salads are so random!! Never a "recipe", just what we have. LOL! But I'm rather partial to:

romaine lettuce, spinach (though I seem to have developed an allergy to it), cold cooked peas, hard boiled eggs, nuts, dried cranberries and an olive oil based Italian dressing.

ShylahEQ 07-21-2010 01:09 PM

red onion, tomato, cucumber, avocado, feta cheese and oil / vinegar based dressing (italian, greek, sun dried tomato)

Rosinante 07-21-2010 01:37 PM

My salads are quite random too. I could definitely repeat last night's though:

Mixed leaves
Cherry tomatoes
Sunflower and pumpkin seeds
Some mayo
A piece, about 4 oz, of smoked cod, microwaved - that on top of the salad was beautiful!

It's tuna and avocado glop tonight.

PinkHoodie 07-21-2010 01:48 PM

I really love Spinach salad with fresh tomatos and mushrooms with a raspberry or balsamaic vinigrette. I love fresh tomatos from the garden! :)

ncuneo 07-21-2010 03:38 PM

I don't know if this is summertime or not, but I'm LOVING this salad right now.

Spinach
Chicken
Walnuts
Jicama
Sun Dried Tomatos
Avocado
Cucumber
Red Onion
and finally some Newman's Lighten UP Balsamic

SO GOOD!

hpnodat 07-21-2010 04:36 PM

Southwestern Salad
Romaine, onions, red &/or green bell pepper, black beans, corn, Salsa (or fresh if I have it), sour cream, topped with fajita seasoned chicken.

ubergirl 07-21-2010 05:21 PM

Simple but I'm obsessed with it right now. Broccoli Slaw dressed with olive oil, rice wine vinegar, and salt and pepper.

Elijahs phoenix 07-21-2010 06:22 PM

I love cucumber salad! So simple and nice and refreshing.

sliced cucumber
vinegar
a pinch of sugar
and sometimes some red pepper flakes
Also some tomato is good in there too

wikidsnyper 07-21-2010 06:40 PM

waldorf salad. i love this salad year round and it is soooooo good. its just a mix of your favorite greens and diced apples with a dressing of olive oil and apple cider vinegar. or at least that is my version. i put in lettuce, spinach, celery, cucumbers, gala apples, granny smith apples, carrots, red onions (or whatever i have on hand) some salt and pepper to taste along with the olive oil-apple cider vinegar mixture. mmmmmm goood..

:cb::cb::cb::cb::cb:

PinkHoodie 07-21-2010 07:29 PM

hpnodat...that sounds good! I might have to try that!

Zoesmama 07-21-2010 08:04 PM

I like romaine lettuce mixed with spring mix including spinach. With TONS of chopped up veggies such as red and green bell peppers, carrots(I like chopped teeny like slivers a peeler works good and faster than a knife), radishes, onions(red is my fav) and of course cucumbers, avocado and tomatoes. And I sprinkle 4 tablespoons of toasted sesame seeds on top after drizzling the dressing on so it has something to stick to. That adds 30% of daily calcium. :D

I really have gotten into this olive oil and vinegar dressing that is Kroger brand. I'd like to make it myself to avoid preservatives and extras but the bottled is so much easier.

TXMary2 07-21-2010 08:24 PM

WOW Cfmama, that sounds yummy!!

I like romaine, cherry tomatoes, can of tuna, 1 serving croutons, red onion and zesty italian dressing. Also sometimes I put a chopped up boiled egg.

animallover 07-21-2010 08:25 PM

Simple

One of my favorite salads is so simple: Romaine lettuce, red onion, sliced strawberries, walnuts and feta cheese with a light balsamic dressing. It's very refreshing.

texscrapper 07-21-2010 08:34 PM

Two faves -

Romaine or iceburg, spinach, hard boiled egg, grilled chicken, black olives, cherry tomatoes, real bacon bits, and light ranch

Iceburg, a few crushed tostitos, light shredded cheddar cheese (melted), taco meat (or grilled chicken), black olives (sliced) tomato, reduced fat sour cream