3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   reward? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/207768-reward.html)

Scilla 07-21-2010 12:40 PM

reward?

I see a lot of you have mini goals, that is awesome! I was wondering, once you achieve your mini goal, do you reward yourself for a job well done? :)

caryesings 07-21-2010 01:33 PM

Nope, seeing the new weight on the scale and on my ticker here is reward enough.

Also, as a single person, how/when I spend money is entirely under my control so I pretty much buy what I want so the concept of rewarding myself by buying something like new clothes or pedicure doesn't have a special feel to it.

Rosinante 07-21-2010 01:40 PM

Yup. I'm buying a new Trollbead for every stone.

Aubrey87 07-21-2010 02:03 PM

i am going to reward myself since i don't usually just buy the things i need! on my rewards list is a new pair of sneakers, a sports watch, mani and pedi!

gottadoit2010 07-21-2010 02:20 PM

I just got to go down a water slide at our YMCA...there was a weight limit of 250 when I joined I was 260 now 237 and last night I went down that slide! Sure was fun, but I only needed to do it once. :) My 7 year old daughter was super proud of me and that is a great reward too!

time2lose 07-21-2010 02:46 PM

I did at first but now I find the weight loss is reward enough. Nothing could beat it!

ubergirl 07-21-2010 06:03 PM

I love to shop and buy new clothes!

LitChick 07-21-2010 11:19 PM

I don't really have set rewards for achieving mini-goals - it is rewarding enough to reach them! I do treat myself to new clothes or fitness-related items if I need them, but I don't wait until I've made a particular milestone to do so.

KimikoD 07-22-2010 12:01 AM

I don't have mini goals set up....but I've set up a "diet account" and for every pound I lose, I transfer $10 bucks over! And if I gain, I transfer it back out....

Idea is.....once I finally get down to my goal wait...I'm going on a HUGE shopping spree!!

:yay:

ShellydeFlores 07-22-2010 01:34 AM

Well my reward is seeing the number on the scale. I have really mini goals of "I want to see two more lbs next Thursday" and when I see it, it motivates me that much more. I have done some small rewards like a new pair of flip flops or a cute pair of earrings but only when I happen to see them. I don't intentionally seek them out.

I love the diet account idea Kimiko! I have an automatic withdrawal after each pay check that I have put in to my savings--for new clothes after everything is said and done! I like the idea though of submitting an additional $10 a lb and subtracting if gaining. I weigh myself weekly so that could really add up!

Thanks for the idea!

girlonfire 07-22-2010 02:06 AM

Hehe I post pictures at minigoals and await all the praise from the lovely ladies at 3FC.

Yup, I am that vain. ;)

MissKelly 07-22-2010 02:11 AM

No...I wont reward myself for something I should be doing for myself anyway...seeing the numbers..inches & sizes drop is my reward. Buying new clothes that fit & taking care of yourself is a given....it comes with the territory. I dont reward myself for showering & brushing my teeth every day each month.....

Zoesmama 07-22-2010 02:58 AM

No I haven't really in the past.

I agree the loss is reward enough. But I have seen the Loss Account idea before and I want to do it I just can't afford it without regular income that exceeds my living expenses. It just wouldn't be possible right now. Once I have full time income I can count on I may transfer to a Loss account $3-5 per lb but more so I can afford to buy a new wardrobe. Have to see it depends on income.

Athenacapella 07-22-2010 09:16 AM

I am going to do something special for every 10% loss. 10% may not seem like a lot, but it takes a while to actually do it!

When I get to goal, there will be a big reward though. :D

lookin2lose 07-22-2010 11:13 AM

I didn't the first 80 lbs...but now I'm finding myself wanting new things with heavier price tags (like a new matress, desperately) so when I hit my 100lbs I'm going to start shopping for one. Other than that, I don't have any set rewards...my xmas present this year is a healthy body! Best thing I could have EVER done for myself.