3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Hi Everyone! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/207580-hi-everyone.html)

Missybee73 07-19-2010 02:05 PM

Hi Everyone!

Hi All,

My name is Missy, and I live in Ft Worth, TX. I'm jumping on the diet bandwagon yet again. Hopefully this time it's for good!! :) I am 36 yrs old. I want to be under 200 lbs before I turn 40. I started at 328 back in 2008. It's been on/off again for the past 2 yrs. Right now I am at 295. I still need to lose 96 lbs to be under 200 lbs. Seems do-able...only I need some major support to make it happen. I hope to find that here!:carrot:

One of my biggest struggles is work and food. It seems all the people I work with do is EAT!! Take today for instance. I came in this morning to a king size Zero bar on my desk because someone was trying to be nice to me. While I appreciate the sentiment...STOP IT!! Let's face it gang, a Zero bar is a step up from a Slimfast!! My supervisor's birthday is today. Our boss baked her chocolate / oatmeal / coconut cookies for her birthday, plus she is going to have a cake later this afternoon. We had another woman who's 25th anniversary with the company was today. So what did she have at 11 a.m. this morning? Yes ladies and gents, you guessed it...CHOCOLATE CAKE! Plus, we are trying to raise money for a woman we work with who has cancer, so my supervisor is selling candy/cookies/etc to raise money for her. Unfortunately, it all sits right behind my desk so that the Snickers bars are currently standing guard over the fax machine. If I make it thru this day without chewing someone's head or arm off it will be a minor miracle...Heaven help me!!

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know everyone! Thanks!

Missy

ORSewmama 07-19-2010 02:08 PM

Welcome! I know you will find great support here :)

I also work at a place that is constantly food laden, and it's so hard. I have been allowing myself one counted treat per week, since we seem to have birthdays with cake constantly. I try to work it in to my calorie counting, but some weeks I just go to the cake party, visit, and say no thanks (while salivating, and reminding myself mentally what I really want won't be found in that piece of cake).

Good luck!!

Onederchic 07-19-2010 02:23 PM

Hi Missy and welcome! Good luck with your goals :hug:

mingle 07-19-2010 03:16 PM

Hello & welcome! This is a wonderful place for support & advice!

I work in an office that is heavy on the treats, as well. It's a struggle, but I just stay as far away from them as I possibly can :)

Good luck - I know you can do this!!!

steph15 07-19-2010 04:17 PM

Welcome! I also have an work place that caters lunch almost every day for meetings with out of town folks. Since I work at the corporate office they make sure to order extra for the office. At lunch time I just stay away from the break room. There is no use in tempting myself with something I cannot have and will derail my hard work. I just make sure to eat breakfast before I go, pack my snacks and lunch and avoid the food pushers. :) You can do it!

Truffle 07-19-2010 04:51 PM

Welcome, Missy!

A few years ago I worked in a cancer clinic, and I've never seen so much junk food in my life! You'd think at least in a cancer clinic people would know better, but no...The treats came in from patients, drug reps, others in the office.

It's a minefield out there.

Good luck to you!

Eliana 07-19-2010 06:14 PM

Welcome! I think...no I KNOW...you will find support here! ;)

I find that at work I can best resist temptation if I am not hungry. I do best eating six meals a day at regular intervals so that I am not hungry. You're right...work is a difficult place to diet, but it is not impossible. ;)

I have no doubt you can lose to your goal by your 40th. And by the way, I am 35 years old myself. :D

doingmybest 07-19-2010 06:52 PM

Hi Missy! It's great to have you with us! :welcome2:

My office is the WORST for junk food. I have never seen so much junk food anywhere in my life!!!! They have a big stash of chocolates to put out in the reception area - not to mention cakes for birthdays, potlucks, parties etc.
Most people that work here have gained between 10 and 15 lbs. - I have managed to gain over 20.

The only good thing about a bad economy is that the parties have stopped and there is now less junk food around the office. People don't go out to lunch the way they used to so we have started bringing healthier lunches.

If you need some support for struggling with food in the office - please keep posting. I can lend a sympathetic ear!

Athenacapella 07-19-2010 08:47 PM

Yowsers!

:dust:

Matilda08 07-19-2010 10:08 PM

welcome and good luck with your journey!

TXMary2 07-19-2010 10:24 PM

Welcome Missy! You can do it!!!

nomorechips 07-19-2010 10:47 PM

Good luck~

I, too, work in a situation where the secretary is a fabulous cook and feels the need to bring in sweet things all the time. And gets a wounded look when I say no. So I've taken to taking it, wrapping it in a paper napkin, and telling her I'll eat it on the way home. Sometimes, unfortunately, I do, but most of the time I chuck it in the disposal.

Lori Bell 07-19-2010 11:44 PM

Hi Missy, welcome to 3FC.
You can do this, you can...but only if you tell the office chicks how it's gonna be! Thankfully I work from home, but I used to work in an office situation and it was murder on the hips!

Most of my friends are overweight, as well as many family members and they like to eat and drink...a lot. For me, being almost 200 pounds overweight, there was no way I could keep my "diet" a secret for long, so I just laid it on the line. (I do that a lot). I just came out and told them..."hey, I'm losing weight and I don't want any_____...please don't ask me or beg me to eat or drink your____, because I am not going to! Thank you and have a great day." I'd say it a humorously as possible, but firmly too. It worked very well.

Now, what would you know, most of them are now on a diet too! I make sure I always take a huge fruit platter and some awesome veggie dish to every pot-luck/party. It's always the first thing to go...seriously!