Old 07-19-2010, 06:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

Default Forgive me for I have eaten...

waaaayyyy too much.

I had worked my way down to 209 last year. Last fall had a LOT of personal changes in my life and have become re-acquainted with some bad habits.

I've been eating white bread and even drinking Coke, now I have ballooned up by 33 lbs. I'm so disgusted with myself. I KNOW better and this never should have happened.

I feel crappy and my asthma is out of control. I need to get back on the right track. Getting on the scale this morning was the first step, lets see if I can take the next successfully.

Wish me luck !!!
jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:45 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

So many of us have been exactly where you are - so many times.

Good. I'm glad you've recognized this and are ready to put a halt to it.

Quote:
Getting on the scale this morning was the first step lets see if I can take the next successfully.
Well of course you CAN. It IS up to you. You have the power over this.It is your choice. You are in control So let's not see if you can take the next step, but MAKE SURE you take the next step. Set the wheels in motion. Decide to do this, once and for all, permanently and NO MATTER WHAT. NO MATTER WHAT.

There is no joy to be had in overeating, we can hear that in your post and we can all attest to it as well. No one ever comes on here and says how wonderful it is to overfeed oneself and gain weight. But we always hear just the opposite when we are eating right, losing weight and FEELING MARVELOUS. So please don't dread these changes that you are about to remake. Look forward to them.

Quote:
Wish me luck !!!
I for one won't wish you luck. Why? Because luck has nothing to do with it. It can't help you. It's not a gamble. It's not like playing the lottery where you just wait around for it to happen - thankfully. You have to MAKE IT HAPPEN. Imagine if losing weight and being healthy WAS determined by luck? Eww. G-d forbid.

No, luck won't do it. Hard work will. Determination, perseverance, good planning, mature, responsible behaviors and so on. All things that you have the power over. So, it's up to you. Yay! No relying on luck - just your commitment and hard work.

I look forward to hearing that you are taking the next steps, of being back in the groove, back to the good habits, back to where you belong. Plan the heck out of your days, stay strong those first few days as you wean yourself off of and out of the *bad* habits and the good habits take hold and we WILL be hearing of your progress.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 07-19-2010 at 07:04 AM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/149

Height: 5'6"

Rockinrobin I LOVED your response. Amen!
Iianae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

I have to not see the big picture because for me it leads to defeat. Once again I need to take it step by step with small goals along the way.

I really like this sig rockinrobin...lol ~ "Don't wail on the scale if you cheat when you eat!"

Thanks for the pep talk!!
jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 226/158.2/137

Height: 5'6

Good luck hun! I know you can do it! I feel like I woke up to a two month coma to find my clothes don't fit and I am 20 pounds heavier so believe me I am right there with you.

You made three great steps today, you recognized there was a problem, you hopped on the scale and you reached out for help! We're here for ya!!
nineoceansaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:18 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/235/160

Height: 5'8

Good luck, let's get some motivation going for everyone! I can relate, I had a regain for similiar reasons. One thing to remember is kicking our own butts over it won't burn any calories! We did it before, we can do it again. We know what works, we just need to get back into doing it. I'm setting mini goals for myself, both in weight and the habits. I weigh in weekly on Wednesdays, starting last week. I weighed in at 240, which was close to my all time high. I eventually want to get to 160, but I'm focusing on getting under 240 for my immediate goal. Right now, I'm focusing on getting in at least 4 workouts per week. And I'm cutting way back on take out/meals out.

I don't know about you, but I tend to go for that all or nothing perfectionism. I tend to think if I'm not working out for 45 minutes + weights a couple of times a week or spin classes that I'm not really exercising. So I'd blow off my workouts altogether. Which looking at it logically, makes no sense whatsoever. I've imposed a new rule of trying to get at least 30 minutes and not judge myself negatively if I don't do more. But positively if I do more, if that makes sense.

Last week was my first week of getting back to the gym. I made it there 2x, part of the problem was I had trouble getting up and wasn't able to workout before work. Lunchtime workouts are very problematic for me because we tend to get rush projects at work. After work workouts are tough because of my commute. The only time that works for me is pre-work, so I just have to get myself to bed earlier so I can get up earlier.
workingonit is offline   Reply With Quote