Who Will I Be?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Anyone wonder how different they will look and feel and BE at their goal weight? I honestly gave it no thought until just now. I saw a before and after shot of another member who looked like a completely different person, and I wondered, "Will I still look like me? Hmmm."

Any thoughts?
  • A friend who knew I was losing but hadn't seen me in a while saw me at 190 lbs. and asked me "Did you have any idea you'd look like this?". Honestly, no. I am now down to size I was at age 29 and so much has changed. I honestly think that I have more confidence and style at 50 then I did at 29 and am quite curious what I will look at once I get to goal.
  • I feel like the way I look now is the way I liked to think that I looked when I was morbidly obese.

I look at pictures of myself at my high weight and I just never reallybelieved that I looked like that.

What I did not anticipate is how different I would feel. I feel completely different now. I am way stronger and have five times as much energy. I was in my twenties the last time I weighed this little, and I feel like I'm in my twenties again. Amazing.
  • I look a lot different, which is nice. I feel younger I think, a bit quicker in my steps which is wonderful. But ME, the core of ME, is still the same. I was a person, I was not just fat. It did not define me, I wouldn't let it. I had fat on my body and now I don't have nearly as much, and that's all it is/was/ever will be
  • It's a good question to start thinking about. When I lost a lot, about 6 years ago, I didn't concentrate enough on the head stuff, I don't think I accepted the new me well enough - it certainly wasn't long before I was regaining almost all of it. Worth thinking things through now, I think.
  • I think I just look like a smaller version of myself

Before, I enjoyed watching me transform....inside and out. You are still going to maintain certain characteristics, it just won't be hidden by layers of fat anymore
  • Quote: I feel like the way I look now is the way I liked to think that I looked when I was morbidly obese.

I look at pictures of myself at my high weight and I just never reallybelieved that I looked like that.

What I did not anticipate is how different I would feel. I feel completely different now. I am way stronger and have five times as much energy. I was in my twenties the last time I weighed this little, and I feel like I'm in my twenties again. Amazing.
    And once again, this is how I feel. I know exactly what I will look like, or actually, I currently look like what I looked like all along in my head. Plus, my family ages well, so really I am returning to what I looked like in college. Is there anything better, really?
  • I think I'll be a different person.
    I've learned a lot about things since
    joining 3FC and starting my weight loss
    journey.
    I do believe I'll be a different person-
    in a good way.
  • Quote: I feel like the way I look now is the way I liked to think that I looked when I was morbidly obese.

This.

The next twenty to thirty pounds though, those I still wonder about because I never imagined myself any smaller than this.

But regardless of how I look on the outside, I'll still be the same person on the inside. I haven't changed who I am, only how I look and how I eat.
  • I want to throw out a caution to not overthink the "What will I look like?" thing. Several years ago, I lost quite a bit of weight, and all through the loss I was imagining what I would look like thin. Honestly, the mental images were completely unrealistic, but it really set me up for disappointment. I couldn't see that I was healthier and thinner because I didn't look like what I'd hoped for. I'm not playing those head games with myself this time.

Just some friendly advice.
  • I was morbidly obese for my entire adult life, so I had no idea what I'd look like.

Whenever I walk down the street and see my reflection in the glass of a building I always do a double check. It doesn't look like me.
  • Quote: Plus, my family ages well, so really I am returning to what I looked like in college. Is there anything better, really?
    Oh my gosh, yes! For us oldsters, it is like a time machine. I'm just going back to looking more or less how I used to look.

The only thing I have to watch out for is to remember that I didn't have the best self esteem back then, and I used to not like how I looked... it's better this time around because I realize how much worse I could look-- LOL.
  • My mother had really high, defined cheek bones. I have often joked that I stay fat so I wouldn't have her cheeks bones. It will be interesting to see. This probably sounds silly, but I worry about what my husband will think too.
  • Quote: Oh my gosh, yes! For us oldsters, it is like a time machine. I'm just going back to looking more or less how I used to look.

The only thing I have to watch out for is to remember that I didn't have the best self esteem back then, and I used to not like how I looked... it's better this time around because I realize how much worse I could look-- LOL.
    Yep, now that I'm seeing weights from my 20s, I'm remembering how depressed/obsessed I was that I was "so fat". Now I know what fat really is! I really have to hold back at times when a 20-something is getting down on herself in one of the 20-something threads for weighing 150 lbs. and just can't lose. I both identify with that feeling but also want to butt in to tell her to enjoy that body.
  • It worries me to death! I keep thinking about how different I am going to look and whether or not I'll be able to accept it when I get to that point. I think it's a good thing to lose the weight gradually so you don't notice it as quickly!

Dhani