Old 07-15-2010, 10:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Default Looking at the big picture

As any of you guys who hang around 3FC a lot know, uber often gets totally frustrated by her slow rate of loss and her long stalls....

I recently came through a longish period, from late April to the end of June where the weight was coming off soooooooo slowly...then suddenly, it picked up again.

But when I was looking at my fitday account, I realized that since I started, my overall rate of loss has been 1.79 lbs per week, that's actually just shy of the 2.07 rate I hoped to maintain in order to hit goal by 7/30/10.

Given that I'm 49 years old, an age when most people GAIN weight, I think that's pretty darn good.

So, if you are stalling out and you KNOW you are on plan, my advice is just power through.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:13 AM   #2  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

That's a great discovery, and a great rate!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:13 PM   #3  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

You're doing so great Uber and your determination always inspires me.
I have a spreadsheet that I've filled in each week of this journey and it works out my average weight loss which is great to see over time.
I've also found this last few months that I seem to have a whoosh at the beginning of the month, then it slows RIGHT down for the rest of the month. It's frustrating but by keeping an eye on my spreadsheet and also the 2010 Weight Loss Challenge Matt is overseeing it enables me to see that the weight IS still coming off and my averages are still good.
Loving Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:42 PM   #4  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Loving me, I was just looking at your stats on Matt's challenge the other day! Your rate is faster than mine I was eyeing it jealously.

Uber, definitely my suggestion to anyone is to power through it and dig down deep and find the patience that is there. My goodness, I think if everyone could just muster up patience weight loss really could happen for anyone and everyone. But no one could have told me that. I had to be stubborn and find it out for myself.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 278/190/147

Height: 5'7"

Stalls are really hard for me to push through. I just hate getting on the scale day after day and seeing little to no change. You know what matters the most to me is that since I started losing weight, my weight has never gone back up. And that's progress for me given how much I've gone up and down - I'll take it!

I know that I WILL reach my goal. It bums me out that it's taking as long as it has, but that's ok, I know that with more hard work and dedication I'll continue seeing the numbers I want to see.
audrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:56 AM   #6  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I ran across a thread on another board (low-carb, but still talking about losing weight) that really hit home with me about this subject. She takes a year long chart of her daily weigh-ins, and you can see the very definite, almost smooth downward trend. But then she shows a one month period, and it's up, it's down, it's everywhere... and if you focus just on that one month, you could easily think "this just isn't working!". But the overall trend shows that to be a lie.

I found it so visually compelling that I bookmarked it for future reference.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote