A good Monday morning start

• First, I had indication over the weekend that my body might be acting like that of a normal weight person. I generally eat range of calories between 1200-1900 with the highest amount of calories eaten on Saturdays when I swim laps. This Saturday I had a planned event that was likely going to result in higher calories consumed so I ate in the lower part of my range the 4 days leading up to it. Now I don't think normal weight people reduce calories in anticipation of an event, but here's the cool part to me -

Once I logged in everything for Saturday, ended up at 2300 calories. I felt absolutely fine with that number as I had both banked the calories and swam a bit extra. So Sunday, the calorie amount was not on my mind as I went through my day. However, once I added up Sunday's calorie consumption it was a bit under 1300. I had automatically eaten in the lower part of my range as though adjusting for the over-the-top day. Pretty cool.

And the other thing making it a lovely Monday? I just fit into the two goal outfits in my closet. One a dress I last wore in 1986 that I kept over the years just because I liked it so much (didn't really expect to ever wear it again) and a suit I had bought for a new job the year I turned 30. I had bought it one size too small, anticipating I would lose weight for the new job and instead gained 100 lbs. that year so had never worn this suit at all, still had the tags on it.

Happy Monday to me!
  • That is just absolutely, incredibly amazing!!!!

Congratulations on fitting into a goal outfit!!!! I can't think of anything better.

Interestingly, I just picked a goal article of clothing-- it's an old hand-tooled leather belt, size 32. It's been sitting in my drawer for years and years, absolutely NO WAY I could have gotten it around me. Last night, I put the belt on and buckled it, but it only fits up around my waist, higher than I wear my pants.... when I can wear that belt with a pair of jeans, I KNOW I'll be done.
  • That rules! And you are SO almost there; I think I have goal envy!

Well done on your planning, eating, and exercising across the board - events can be very hard to work through, at least for me.
  • Quote: Interestingly, I just picked a goal article of clothing-- it's an old hand-tooled leather belt, size 32. It's been sitting in my drawer for years and years, absolutely NO WAY I could have gotten it around me. Last night, I put the belt on and buckled it, but it only fits up around my waist, higher than I wear my pants.... when I can wear that belt with a pair of jeans, I KNOW I'll be done.
    I wonder what makes us keep these things in our wardrobe after so many years? I really can't explain why those outfits had survived many, many closet purges (including multiple house moves as well) but now oh so glad I had them.
  • Awesome!!
  • Quote: That rules! And you are SO almost there; I think I have goal envy!
    Appears to me we're the same distance from our final goal. Looking forward to crossing that line together!
  • Quote: I wonder what makes us keep these things in our wardrobe after so many years? I really can't explain why those outfits had survived many, many closet purges (including multiple house moves as well) but now oh so glad I had them.
    I kept the belt because the buckle is sterling silver-- I got it as a present when I was ten-- I guess i thought I'd give it to one of my kids one day....

Honestly, I wish I had just one pair of my old 501 button down fly levis... now THAT would represent GOAL.
  • Very cool - on all fronts!!