3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   150lbs to lose...wowsers. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/206891-150lbs-lose-wowsers.html)

plumptobump 07-12-2010 12:32 AM

150lbs to lose...wowsers.

Hi all,

I was an active member of 3FC a few years ago after I had my first son, lost a good 18kg (about 40lb), and then we got pg with our second. So now Im back in 2010 with just over 150lbs to lose. :dizzy: But, Im taking it in 10kg increments, so the sheer amount doesnt overwhelm me completely. :( We will start trying to get pg with our final child once I lose the first 30kg (66lbs), so that will help break it up too. Im lucky in that I lose weight in pregnancy rather than gain it, so that I can continue my journey...

Anyway, Im rambling. I just wanted to plug myself in again because Im aware that I wont be able to do this without support. You all are such an inspiration to me, and I look forward to getting to know you! :p

steph15 07-12-2010 12:42 AM

:welcome3: Back! Good Luck on your journey. I find it helps to break it up in chunks so it is not too overwhelming. Trying for another baby is a great incentive. :)

kendra 07-12-2010 01:00 AM

Welcome back! Good Luck!

Onederchic 07-12-2010 01:14 AM

Welcome back and good luck :hug:

Bunti 07-12-2010 03:14 AM

Welcome back!! We're still here!! You can do this!

rockinrobin 07-12-2010 07:38 AM

As someone that's lost 165 lbs,(and there are plenty here who's done that and MORE) I'm here to tell you that it's doable. Once you set your mind to it, it's not even all that difficult, dare I say? Good eating begets more good eating. Those good habits, once established are hard to break also. Once you realize that you're in this for life, the numbers don't matter. You're continuing on anyway and ALL the pounds can and will come off.

But I did indeed break it down into 10 lbs increments. I loved entering a new *decade*. I made a game of it - and it was fun!

We all have the ability to lose the weight. We are all capable of it. It's not some crazy, hare-brained out of this world scheme. Sensible eating, practiced daily.

I look forward to getting to know you better and hearing of your progress. :)

matt_H 07-12-2010 07:56 AM

I'm looking forward to reading all about your progress! Welcome back to 3fcs :)

sept15lija 07-12-2010 08:44 AM

Welcome back!!!

time2lose 07-12-2010 08:55 AM

Welcome back! I like your way of looking at your loss in 10 pound increments. I did the same thing and it has really helped me. I look forward to hearing about your success.

renstwin 07-12-2010 10:13 AM

Welcome back! I look forward to hearing of your progress. Congrats on your two babies :)

ubergirl 07-12-2010 11:25 AM

Welcome back! I agree that breaking it up into bite sized chunks is more manageable.... you can also pick a higher goal weight to start, if you want. It's silly, but it makes it easier to think about.... besides, it's true that you'll start feeling trim LONG before you hit your ultimate goal.

Matilda08 07-12-2010 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockinrobin (Post 3382206)
As someone that's lost 165 lbs,(and there are plenty here who's done that and MORE) I'm here to tell you that it's doable. Once you set your mind to it, it's not even all that difficult, dare I say? Good eating begets more good eating. Those good habits, once established are hard to break also. Once you realize that you're in this for life, the numbers don't matter. You're continuing on anyway and ALL the pounds can and will come off.

But I did indeed break it down into 10 lbs increments. I loved entering a new *decade*. I made a game of it - and it was fun!

We all have the ability to lose the weight. We are all capable of it. It's not some crazy, hare-brained out of this world scheme. Sensible eating, practiced daily.

I look forward to getting to know you better and hearing of your progress. :)

i love reading your post! I often feel like you are talking DIRECTLY to me and its a good thing.

Anyways welcome and good luck to the op. you can do it!!!

pamatga 07-12-2010 11:35 AM

Hello everyone!

it's been about five months since I last posted as well. I joined a couple of years ago and I was doing quite well, enjoying your support and being inspired by rockinrobin's personal story. I got sidetracked when my Mom became ill with cancer, I moved back home (leaving my hubby here) to be with my Dad, sister and Mom during her final months of living. Last year was tough grieving her death.

However, I am back and back on track losing again and feeling pumped.

I hope to get to know all of you well moving forward.

:hug:

plumptobump 07-12-2010 08:00 PM

Thanks everyone!:goodvibes

You truly are all so inspirational...
rockinrobin, I too love your posts, because you have accomplished what I am setting out to do, with similar weights.
matt, seriously the amount of weight you have lost is AMAZING!! Well done! :yay:

SO excited to be back (and not just in the "just-starting-a-healthy-way-of-living-hype" kind of way :lol3:)...I want another baby which is my #1 motivation for losing the 1st 70lbs...and I want to be thin and fit which is the motivation for losing the remaining. Im aware it will be a long journey, but Im in this for the duration. :yes: So get used to me! :)

That said, Im off to do a workout dvd (in between gym days)...:D