3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 100 lb. Club

Old 07-11-2010, 07:54 PM   #16

S/C/G: 18/16/12 (AU dress sizes)

Height: 165cm (5'5")

44 pounds is a fantastic loss! Be happy for what you've achieved so far. I'd be disappointed with her reaction, even if deep down she thought that wasn't as much as she pictured in her mind she should have been happy for your success.

But... I know how you feel. I've lost nearly 10 kilos [22 pounds] from my highest-ever weight [which is slightly higher than the weight I was when I started to consciously lose]. My boyfriend has lost 11 kilos [24 pounds] - so pretty much, we're neck and neck.

On Saturday we went to a family function. He got nothing but kudos and praise for how wonderful he looks. Not a single person mentioned anything about my loss. I've gone from a size 18 to a size 16, to me it's really noticeable, but not a single person said a single thing. It stung a bit.

I'm going to stick it out though, losing is getting really easy, I just know that by the next time they see me, surely it will be noticeable enough for them to say something....
Old 07-11-2010, 08:40 PM   #17

S/C/G: 260/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

I agree with everyone, 44lbs is great. I've loss 65lbs and my brother's friend didn't notice at all, some people just doesn't have eyes for it lol.

Super Goal!
AngelicLyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:50 PM   #18

S/C/G: 271/202/??

Height: 4'10"

44 pounds is awesome!! If it makes you feel better, i had people at work that would notice my pants were getting baggy but they didn't think i had lost that much. It wasn't until i showed them a picture at my heaviest weight that they were like oh wow! you've lost alot.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:06 AM   #19

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

I was 75 pounds down and people who hadn't seen me through the whole process still were asking if I had gotten new haircut because I "looked different somehow".

I really want to meet the hairstylist who can make you look 75 lbs lighter!
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:23 AM   #20
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/160/138

Height: 5'2"

The last time I lost weight, my first comment was around 50lbs and then it was 'Black is so slimming, isn't it?' - but I hadn't told anybody I was doing it.

Once I started talking numbers, I got the 'you're going too far' comments, and I understand that that's because the majority of people, who might never have more than a stone to lose, or 5lbs after a summer break, have no understanding of what large numbers of pounds look like; have had no understanding (phew) of just how heavy we were.

I was upset on OP's behalf, though, because this comment was from someone who Knew she'd been losing: I guess I thought she could have tried harder to be a friend and pass a compliment.

44lbs is still magnificent! Seriously impressive.

Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:48 AM   #21

S/C/G: 325/125/maintaining

Height: 5'6.5

Well, it sounds like it took a lose of over 50 pounds for some of you...so maybe it isn't easy to tell I've lost yet. I don't think my friend was trying to be mean, just honest. And yes, I think she expected 44 pounds lost to make a huge difference and it threw her off. I've known her for a long time, back when I wasn't overweight. I think she expected to see the me from 10 years ago, lol!
Thanks for all the replies y'all...made me feel much better and put it in perspective.
KatMarie is offline   Reply With Quote