3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Weekends! Ahhhh! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/206720-weekends-ahhhh.html)

dewdrop1970 07-09-2010 02:36 PM

Weekends! Ahhhh!

The weekends are the hardest for me. Anyone else?

I can follow my plan all week and then it gets a lot harder on the weekends. No work, No real schedule.

Hoping that for this weekend, I will stay on the plan!

Matilda08 07-09-2010 02:40 PM

same here which is why I made it a rule that I HAVE to workout and STAY busy on weekends. Weekends are harder for me because I spend more time home. Ive been doing great on weekends lately. For me as long as I workout Im fine and I do allow myself to eat the higher end of my calories on weekends.

ORSewmama 07-09-2010 02:43 PM

Weekends are really hard for me, too - same reasons - no schedule, more time at home, more inclined to really cook breakfast, all those things make it really hard! What I have been doing for the last few months is trying to remain at the low end of my calorie range during the week, and then I allow myself to go a little towards the higher end on the weekends. It seems to be working okay, though I hate weighing in on Mondays still ;)

matt_H 07-09-2010 02:53 PM

I have to stay as busy as possible each weekend. I try not to stay indoors and want to be outside walking/ at a movie/ reading a book in the park, etc.

mingle 07-09-2010 03:03 PM

Yup, hard here, too. I just make sure to get my workout in early in the morning & staying far away from any trigger foods.

I'm going for a healthy, OP weekend too this week.... We can do it!!!

whencatsattack 07-09-2010 03:18 PM

The hardest thing on the weekends is my water intake. At work, I always have a bottle of water at hand, and I can easily drink my goal intake by 3 or 4pm. But at home, it's harder to do that. I slack off of my water a lot, which isn't good for a Monday weigh-in.

I also try to make one of my weekend days a BIG workout day. I swim laps every Saturday morning and burn at least 1000 calories doing that. That way, if I do indulge a bit on Saturday by a couple extra hundred calories, I'm OK. Sundays are usually rest days and really low calorie days.

Beverlyjoy 07-09-2010 03:30 PM

I agree weekends are challenging. That's when the planning is essential - at least for me. I am out of my weekday routine.

We go out and have friends over a lot on weekends - so, I have to figure out how I'll get through each thing in a healthful manner. Check restaurant websites, check with friends to see what they are fixing (and I can bring something healthy along), do menus that include my foods when people come over. When someone asks what to bring to my house...I usually say dessert - that way they can take it home after (and I can have a bowl of strawberries available too)

So it...plan, plan and plan some more.

Exercise for me is the same - stretches, strengthening and upper body weights any day of the week. (I don't do weight baring)

calluna 07-09-2010 03:33 PM

One of my weekend days usually has a big workout - a long hike or bike ride, for example. Beyond that, I just have to be careful and vigilant.

Athenacapella 07-09-2010 06:58 PM

Agreed -- weekends are VERY hard! There is so much temptation, too.