Analog or Digital---which should I believe?

• So, I have both a digital and an analog (sp?) scale. I had to stop using my digital because, well, at over 300lbs, it stopped being able to accurately calculate my weight. Sigh.

So, I have been using my regular semi-old fashioned scale and have been slowly losing weight, and this morning my scale shows me at around 297-298lbs.

I got on my digital scale to see if it would actually work now that I am under 300lbs, and wow! It did work, but it had me at 301 and 301.4lbs.

Hmmm....so here is the dilemma....so I stick with the old fashioned scale where the little lines are small, and I am within a 2lbs range, or do I go with the digital scale, and deal with now being back over 300lbs? Or, do I weight until I farther below 300lbs and then use the digital scale?
  • I like the digital as it's just easier to read, full stop. I have to lean and squint to see an analogue one, and the numbers wibble when you do that.
  • that is so true! I just feel like I don't want to go back to being over 300lbs....
  • I can understand your feelings totally...but I bet you won't be there for long.
  • I love my digital for the same reasons ChrissyBean said: I hate squatting down to read the numbers on analog and seeing them go up!
  • I would wait until I was under 300 and then switch to the digital. The main thing though, is that both scales show your weight going down. Way to go!
  • Well, I have been definitely preferring my analog scale as it has been consistently showing me under 300lbs. Today, for the first time in i dont know how long, my digital scale has me at 299.4 or .6 pounds. Woo hoo!! I will finally begin to start using my digital scale. Yay!!:carr ot:
  • Congratulations!!!
  • Scales can be funny. I know as I neared 300, mine quit being accurate. I finally had to buy one that has a 450 lb capacity, so that I knew it was accurate.

Awesome that you can use your digital one again!!!