Old 07-06-2010, 04:17 PM   #1  
hot. like a curry.

S/C/G: 308/248/150ish

Height: 5'4"

Default can't get it together

So I don't even know what I'm asking for, or if I'm just venting, but man I just can't get it together.

I'm stalled. I haven't really put on any significant weight but I've been up and down within around a 3 pound range for about a month, and something's just not breaking through.

I'm in the middle of what feels like a massive heartbreak at the moment, the details of which I just don't have the intestinal fortitude to get into right now. Suffice it to say, it sucks. That said, I know it's temporary and I'll get over it, but at the moment I'm just really, really sad. Although I haven't been tracking, I haven't made any horrible food choices or gone crazy with my portions either. I'm not a stress eater, so it's not like I'm binging or anything. I'm just sort of in this holding pattern and it's not helping me mentally, especially on top of everything else.

And I'm just...tired. Physically and mentally exhausted, wiped out, done.

Any suggestions on moving forward and escaping the funk and getting back on track when it all just seems so overwhelming? I'm really open to any and all advice y'all might have for me, because feeling like this just blows.

Last edited by gloo; 07-06-2010 at 04:18 PM.
gloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 04:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 189

Height: 5'5

Well bummer! i'm sorry now is a tough time. I suggest be gentle with yourself. Take in some yoga classes, it might help with the mental part. At some point you just have to pick yourself up and go for it. It takes being really strong I know. And right now you might just need some TLC. Maybe a pedicure or massage after you've worked out for the week. You know something little to keep you motivated. Keep going and remember how far you've come and how good you will feel when your at goal!!!
getittogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 04:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

When we are upset, we are stressed. So find ways to relax and unwind. Also how is your sleep? I find that yoga, meditation, soft music and deep breathing have helped me when I was going through some heartache of my own. Lot's of hugs gloo!
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 04:56 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

I think I've been where your are

My advice is to try to rest, pray and refresh yourself. Take your heartache and put it to paper. Write it ALL out - even if it's a book.

Then take written paper(s) and burn them.

Good luck to you.
susiemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:08 PM   #5  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

It's 100% OK to "just" maintain. Maintaining does not mean you are a failure, and it doesn't mean that you'll never lose weight again. And, in fact, maintaining in the face of the Standard American Diet is a huge victory in and of itself!

So go easy on yourself. If you need to take a maintenance break right now, do that and be OK with it. You can get back to weight loss any time you want.
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:33 PM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

For me, eating well is therapeutic and an anti-depressant extraordinaire and a great, useful diversion from stress. Taking control is very, very empowering and energizing. So I may be in the minority here, but I say now is the perfect time to get FIRMLY back on track.

How to do that? Jump in. With both feet. Just do it. Sounds to me as if a little journaling would be very telling and useful. Write it before you bite it. Write it before you bite it. Write it before you bite it. It's one of the best tools we've got. Use it.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 07-06-2010 at 07:50 PM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:14 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

I'm sorry you're down and having a rough time. You are doing well to maintain.

Just remember, overeating is not a solution and will NOT make you feel better.... sometimes we just have to work our way through painful times.

Hang tight.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I am sorry to hear of your hard time now. It's wonderful that you have been maintaining.

Every single day I write in my journal this sentence....'Food does not take away stress or physical pain.' It's just a reminder.

Try to get some relaxation cd's to listen with earphones. Once you get the hang of it, it can be helpful.

I agree with susiemartin in doing the writing. Sometimes writing those things down helps you to let go of those thoughts spinning around in your head. It will help. If those thoughts bubble up again....write the same things again and again as often as you need.

Take care now.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 07-06-2010 at 07:45 PM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:45 AM   #9  
hot. like a curry.

S/C/G: 308/248/150ish

Height: 5'4"

You guys! I can't tell you how much coming here and seeing all those little animated huggy guys lifted my spirits. I only share so much with my 3D friends and family, and knowing I have a place where I can just spill my sadness and fear and in return receive so much unconditional kindness...well, it makes a girl well up a little in the eye area. Thank you.

Some really great suggestions here. Robin, jumping in with both feet may be exactly what I need right now. It's something I can take control of when I feel things spinning around me, and I think I need that. You are always so very wise.

I also love the writing suggestions. Weirdly enough, I'm a writer, so that should have been a natural inclination for me. I think the prospect of digging deep and getting out all that scary and yucky stuff out in words frightens the living crap out of me, but it's necessary. I needed that kick in the butt.

I do need to be better to myself as well. I like the idea of a mani-pedi reward, or a night of me time with a good book. As an insomniac, the idea of relaxation cd's is interesting to me too.

That all said, I'm gingerly going to take all of your suggestions and see what combination works for me. I promise to check in and let you know how I'm doing.

Thanks again, ladies. Y'all are beautiful beyond words.
gloo is offline   Reply With Quote