Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2002, 08:01 AM   #1  

Default Was going to walk but...

...I admit I'm afraid. I live about 10 miles from where the shootings took place in Maryland yesterday. In fact my husband has an office in the building across the street from the Mobil station where the young woman was gunned down. I usually walk around a lake in a local park but I have to say I'm thinking twice about that today. May just have to hop on the treadmill--as much as I hate to. I did pretty good foodwise yesterday--I'm keeping a food journal and NOTHING will escape documentation. I stopped writing down what I'm *going* to eat for the day and instead am writing it as I go. Seeing a "perfect" day in advance on paper hasn't always translated into what actually took place!! LOL.

Hope everyone has a great day!!! Be good to yourself!

Barb

218.5/218.5/155
Old 10-06-2002, 11:43 PM   #2  

Default Hi!

Great idea on the food journal, Barb (I need to do the same thing!!) Also - I don't blame you one bit for deciding NOT to walk with that maniac on the loose ... it's best to stay in and stay safe until the person is caught!!
Old 10-07-2002, 03:59 PM   #3  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Hotflash - Is your family still safe? I hear more is going on today.
Old 10-07-2002, 10:07 PM   #4  
Catwoman

Now even your children arn't safe! It really sounds scary over there. The school said keep your children here they'll be safe with us at shcool. I know if I was in that situation I would keep my kids home till they caught this maniac or it stopped. Oviously the person is unhinged and who know's if they are going to go on a rampage when the end is near? It really sux but I wouldnt be leaving the house to wander round the streets at a time like this.
Lets hope they catch him soon,

Kitty
Old 10-08-2002, 07:01 AM   #5  

I had finally gotten myself to the point where I was going to go to the lake to walk, then I hear on my car radio about this child in Bowie, MD (about 20 miles away) and I turned my car around and went home. There was a lockdown at my daughter's school AGAIN. This is very frightening...
Old 10-08-2002, 08:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Hi Hotflash,

Can I suggest "Walk Away the Pounds"? It's a video and it will allow you to walk in the safety of your own home. I realize that this is a very scary time, but in order to reach your goal, you do need to get your exercise in. Leslie Samsone, can be very annoying, but hey, what's the alternative?

I'll pray that you stay safe. Good Luck with your walking....
Old 10-08-2002, 09:03 AM   #7  

God Bless You and You're Family

What is going on in this world?!?!?

Old 10-08-2002, 10:37 PM   #8  

Hotflash = sure do empathize with you. My daughter's in your area and my two precious princesses. Her dh is away all week and I had to be too. And felt really bad about not being there with her. But as she said "this is not the place to be". Also keeping it from the little ones so they're not terrified is hard. The one knows there are "some bad people out there". But doesn't really understand (who does?) what's going on. I'm scheduled to go down Friday for an event at the one girl's school if it's not cancelled. Hope they have this critter by then but suspect he/she may be enjoying the game/chase/attention and laying low.

Hang in - will be praying for you and all your neighbors.
Old 10-09-2002, 05:56 PM   #9  

All I know to say, is keep safe. Hopefully this will end very soon. What is happening in our world today.
Closed Thread