3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Overweight people freezing the thin folk? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/206247-overweight-people-freezing-thin-folk.html)

Onederchic 07-03-2010 05:54 PM

Overweight people freezing the thin folk?

I don't agree with this article but wanted to share for thoughts and the such.

Beginning of the article -

"Obesity is hot these days -- it's all over the news. Take the unprecedented media coverage of Michelle "Let's Move" Obama's continuing war on childhood obesity: She's (thankfully) getting a ton of play in her quest to end the malnutrition devastating the lives of millions of American kids."

Entire article here - http://www.suntimes.com/news/cepeda/...ther21.article

MissKelly 07-03-2010 06:51 PM

Shame on her. That "Journalist" is a ^&#$&@ offensive, pompous, nut job. There are just no words beyond that. :nono:

TJFitnessDiva 07-03-2010 07:05 PM

Oh wow.....that article looked like my 6 year old son wrote it :P

MissKelly 07-03-2010 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RomanceDiva (Post 3369693)
Oh wow.....that article looked like my 6 year old son wrote it :P

I bet your 6 year old has more sense than that woman who wrote it! ;)

TJFitnessDiva 07-03-2010 07:18 PM

He does but he has about as much tact as she does lol

HokieLoki 07-03-2010 07:23 PM

haha!! When I was skinny, during the summer (in the South, nonetheless) I would always carry a thick hoodie around to wear in restaurants, movie theaters, grocery stores, and anywhere else that blasted the a/c so bad. If I didn't, I was miserable.

not so much a problem now.

Jo Kittibuck 07-03-2010 07:27 PM

So... her entire argument is that the air condition in public places is too cold for her liking, so it must be the fault of fat people?

:dizzy:

CanadianCutie 07-03-2010 07:51 PM

Wow, just wow... I don't know what else to say.

Rochester 07-03-2010 07:55 PM

I hate air conditioning and I am uncomfortably cold everywhere I go. As a COLD FAT person I'd really like to write her a letter and tell her that her assumption is absurd!

GoldenLeaf 07-03-2010 07:58 PM

I've always felt too cold in airconditioned spaces no matter what weight I am. I'm the kind of person that takes a jacket everywhere I go in summer because of it. It's true I find summer more uncomfortable as a fat person but that's more because I don't wear the skimpy clothes I used to - I still don't like cold airconditioning though.

sept15lija 07-03-2010 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rochester (Post 3369732)
I hate air conditioning and I am uncomfortably cold everywhere I go. As a COLD FAT person I'd really like to write her a letter and tell her that her assumption is absurd!

Yup, same here! Her logic is anything but.

astrophe 07-03-2010 08:43 PM

That was sort of silly. Were they hurting for copy? That sounds more like a ranty blog post than an editorial in a real paper.

A.

ubergirl 07-03-2010 10:36 PM

Yes. I agree that that's crazy! I'm often uncomfortably cold in public spaces, but that was true for me when I was morbidly obese too.

Air-conditioning is BECAUSE of fat people? I don't think so!

souvenirdarling 07-03-2010 10:38 PM

Air conditioning is blasted in those public places to discourage loiterers. To get them to BUY more.

It's cold because the people WORKING at those stores are MOVING and STRESSED. Its for us, not you, you silly inconsiderate client :) (And you had better not ask me to change the music!!!)

It is also remarkable complicated and annoying and expensive to calculate difuser placement and cooling systems and drafts caused by obstructions. I learned how to do that last semester.

Jilu 07-03-2010 10:44 PM

My mom (who has never worn a size larger than a 2) sent me this article earlier today.

Until I moved out, she always kept the air conditioning on and I would come right behind her and cut it off.

So, skinny person who is always hot versus overweight person (and all my average sized siblings) freezing and turning it off. I'm half convinced that's why she moved to waaaaaaay north Alaska.