Old 07-03-2010, 06:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default Three day holiday weekend (Americans). What is your strategy/plans?

For many/some us it's a long weekend with many gatherings, cookouts, and celebrations. How are you planning to get through this weekend healthfully.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 06:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

The fun started last night with DS doing a fireworks display for the nieghborhood. It was the fountain type - they were great! We live at the end of a cul de sac. It works so well.

We are having a family cookout on Sunday. July 4th is my mom's birthday, too. We are doing burgers and brats and hotdogs. I'll have my garden burger. I am going to make a healthy green bean salad for a healthy side. My neighbor is bring ove a fruit plate. We are getting red white and blue cupcakes for the birthday 'cake'. I can stay away from cupcakes. My mom's apartment is right in front of the city park where they do the fireworks - we usually join the folks in their grass area to see the show.

Monday is a birthday party for our favorite aunt. She also has a July 4th birthday. I don't know what it wil be - I suspect a bbq pork dinner, etc. I'll call to see if I can bring something 'healthy'

I think planning is always KEY for me.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 07-03-2010 at 09:12 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'7"

I'm eating all meals at home before I attend events and not eating there. Everyone knows I'm trying to lose weight so they won't try to force feed me. I'm going to an open house to meet my cousin's grandchildren and then watching fireworks over the Charles River. I am worried about drinking beer on the fourth so I'm planning to bring a bottle of rum and have a rum and diet coke instead.
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 09:10 AM   #4  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

either today or Monday we are going to BBQ, we grill a lot so I've learned what I am willing to eat.... we will have chicken, hamburgers (chicken burgers for me), hot dogs, grilled veggies, etc. I have a friend bringing potato salad & Mac n cheese (which I never eat, not worth the calories). I might bake a diet soda cake but still thinking on that (if I do it'll be topped with fat free cool whip & fresh fruit).

Sunday we are going to a seafood festival that is held at a national park near by. I'm planning on boiled crawfish & a link of boudin

Last edited by TJFitnessDiva; 07-03-2010 at 09:11 AM.
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:29 AM   #5  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

This is a big holiday for us because it doubles as our anniversary. I'm not worried though.

First, this morning I already got in a body+abs class (1 hour) and also a Spin class (45 minutes).

Tonight, we're going out to dinner. As soon as I post this I'm going to the restaurant's website to see what my options are. After dinner, DH and I have plans to go on a five mile hike together and then...well...it's our anniversary, like I said, so I'm sure we can remain active over the long weekend.

Tonight's out-to-dinner even is really the only splurge planned so it should be a good weekend. I just reached several major milestones and I am NOT going to blow for a lousy holiday.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 12:16 PM   #6  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I'm going to be eating all meals at home and taking healthy snacks with me to events. We are grilling Sunday - turkey burgers, tofu dogs, and fresh corn, yum!
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 12:35 PM   #7  
!

S/C/G: 225/tick tock tick tock/130

Height: 5'4"

Mmmmmm. Delicious American comfort food. I'm sticking to the "one bite" rule. I can have just one bite of anything I want. No missing foods I can't have, no deprivation, and I get to have a little bit of anything.

Like for you, BeverlyJoy, planning is really important for me to get through holidays! I plan ahead and make sure that I eat nutritious low-cal meals when I'm not at parties, so that even of all of those little "one bites" add up, it's not the end of the world.

Happy Independence Day, everyone!
theresac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 03:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

it's easy for me-- I'm working.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 03:40 PM   #9  
futuremamachick

S/C/G: 280/210/150

Height: 5'6

This morning my DH and I took our 3 furbabies to the dog park, came home and walked 3 miles. We will be eating normally and on plan for the most part all weekend. The only difference is tomorrow. I am hosting a 4th of July BBQ at my house with steak, fish, corn on the cob and low cal twiced baked potatoes with rasberry mojitos (my splurge). I plan to offset the alcoholic drinks I have which will be 1 possibly 2 with an extra long work out tomorrow before everyone comes over so I can enjoy myself and not worry so much about the extra calories.
steph15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 04:10 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Yes, planning is key for me too. There isn't a lot going on this weekend. My son and his gf are going to be here but we'll eat in so that is all under my control.

We are going to a bbq at a friends' house on the 4th. She's already let me know she is providing lettuce for me to wrap my burger--she and her hubby are interested in eating healthier so I won't be surprised if there is a veggie tray and a fruit tray. But, regardless of what is offered, I will do what I always do--eat low calorie before I get there, make wise choices and use good portion control. I'm also walking on the treadmill this weekend, though I normally take Sundays off.

I hope everyone has an on plan and great 4th of July!

Last edited by ANewCreation; 07-03-2010 at 04:11 PM.
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote