What are your rewards?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Setting aside "good health" etc, what are you giving yourself, if anything, as a reward for losing weight?

In 11 ounces' time, I will have lost a stone (14lbs). I've decided to mark it by buying a Trollbeads silver bracelet (oh, that I could afford the gold!) and one nice bead. I've promised myself a new bead for every stone. It works out about GBP2 per lb for the beads.

It will actually be 3 stone from my highest ever, and I've decided to add beads for the previously lost 2 stone right at the end. I want to look at each new stone/bead and savour it!
  • When I hit 100 lbs down, I will be flying out for a dirty weekend with ex-beau.
  • I rewarded myself with a Coach purse when I lost 40 pounds. Five more pounds and I'll be down 50 pounds and I'm going to get me a couple new tops and a pair of pants. My clothes are ridiculously big on me right now!
  • After I get to 196lbs (14stone) I'm going to rewards myslef with a new wardrobe, and I'm going to do the same for every stone I lose after that
  • I do lots of mini goals. For ever 2 weeks I stay exactly on plan I get a manicure and pedicure. ^_^

Other than that I figure I will buy new clothes when I need 'em. My shirts are a bit big right now, but my pants haven't budged all that much. Darn apple shape.
  • After I get to my goal weight I plan on going shopping for some new cloths, but for the most part my reward is not being the fattest girl in college XD.

On a side note, for some strange reason I knew that a stone was 14 lbs. I don't know how I know that, but for some reason I do.
  • I never really planned rewards for along the way.
    As it turns out my rewards have actually ended up being things like clothes that show off the weight lost, or my new Garmin watch to motivate me in my running.
    When I get to goal my main reward is going to be buying a whole new wardrobe including underwear and shoes. But I've always wanted to go to a spa for a day and the last time I had a full body massage was maybe 20 years ago, so I'd love to incorporate both of those in there at some point.
  • Along the way, I treat myself with nice makeup and skin care products. I also just purchased some beautiful costume jewelry. I get a pedicure every 2-3 weeks. But, at 20 pounds, I plan on buying some perfume I've been eyeing. Every 20 pounds, I want to purchase something special. When I reach Onederland, I want a macro lense for my camera. At goal, I want Lasik surgery.
  • Rosinante--I like your idea of the bracelet!

I have just started incorporating rewards and am giving myself little "treats" for every five pounds lost. So far, the rewards have been an nice organic shower soap and an organic honey face mask.

Cheers,

J
  • I've done some small rewards, just things that I want, and then I tell myself "when you get to xx you can get that!" So 10 pounds down was the EA Sport Active Game for the Wii, 30 pounds down I got a hair cut and dye (I'm 30 and prematurely gray, and never felt that I was worth dying it before - but I adore it!!), and then when I hit 45 down I'm going in for a pedicure - it's been a LONG time since my last pedicure, so I just set this one the other day
  • I don't have any rewards really for certain milestones although I'd like to get into the 170s so I could learn how to rock climb (I've kind of put that number in my head).

I've started thinking recently though that when I get to the 200 lb lost marker, that I might get a mini cooper
  • I have just started thinking about my "rewards"

At 20 pounds lost, I am buying some new chunky beads to make some cute necklaces. Almost there!

When I rweach my 10% goal (31 pounds) I am buying some new shower gels from Bath & Body Works

At 40 pounds down, I am going to buy "Just Dance" for the Wii

At 50 pounds down, I am getting a new haircut and style. I have had the same haircut for over 15 years and it will be time for a change!
  • I really need to think of something to mark 100 lbs down.
  • Each time I have lost 20 pounds I have gotten a few new items from Ross and TJ Maxx. I know it is not the smartest thing since I will be growing out of them, but it is hard for me to walk around with super baggy clothes all the time. It is like I have not lost any weight. When I hit to halfway mark (65 pounds) I am going to get a massage and facial at the warm springs spa an hour away.
  • Quote: I really need to think of something to mark 100 lbs down.
    You certainly do! Congratulations!