3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Diving In Here (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/20603-diving-here.html)

HotFlash 10-03-2002 10:46 AM

Diving In Here

I hope I can join in here though technically I don't belong. My name is Barb and I have 65 lbs. to lose. There I said it. A visit to my doctor Tuesday layed the whole issue to rest for me!! I HAVE TO LOSE THIS WEIGHT. Period. It's not like I wasn't aware of the situation before my appointment but stepping on those scales underscored it for me. I'm following a WW-esque plan. Not counting points per se but paying strict attention to portion control, sugar and processed carbs, and of course saturated fats.
Last year I fractured my ankle--in fact one year ago today I was having it screwed back together--so I went about 10 months unable to exercise at all. I'm glad to say that I'm back to it now and this morning walked 1 hour and 15 mins. Well, I'm rambling.....I just wanted to "put it out there" and say hello and join in this board. I've lurked for a while and you guys just seem so nice!! I'll be weighing myself on Thursdays....

SW: 218.5 CW:218.5 Goal: 155

Sandi 10-03-2002 11:27 AM

Hi there!! Glad to have you. And you do belong here. 65 or 165 to lose. It's all a struggle. Feel free to jump right in. We started a challenge on Monday if you care to join!!

WELCOME!!!! :D

HotFlash 10-03-2002 11:44 AM

Thanks for the welcome!! And congratulations on your 23.5 lb. loss. What is the challenge that was started on Monday??

Barb

Sandi 10-03-2002 12:41 PM

Read the thread "Sign up for the 3rd 28 Day Challenge Here!!" It gives most of the details. Basically we keep track of ourselves via points. And compete against each other to see who after 4 weeks has done the best.

Jenniffer 10-03-2002 01:43 PM

I agree! I agree!

You DO belong here. It's a long struggle, but you'll get there. I applaude you for getting back up on that ankle. Must have been hard.

Make yourself at home..and best wishes along your journey to the new you.

Charbar 10-03-2002 02:51 PM

HotFlash.. cute nick name!!

Welcome aboard!!
Shout if you have any questions!... or any advice. The more you read and post the more you will get out of this!!

Dana

jiffypop 10-03-2002 04:14 PM

welcome hot flash!!! and of COURSE you belong here. i haven't been posting much these days, life is just too stressful these days. and i'm not handling it at all well. [and not eating my way through it all, because i CAN'T, but maybe that's why i'm not handling it well.... another long story]

but these lovely ladies are right... post often. join the challenges. ask questions. and hang out a lot.

KittyMilk 10-03-2002 07:52 PM

I felt abit like that too Hotflash, I was only over 100 when I was pregnant and wasnt sure if that counted, after the baby I had about 70 to lose and hoped that was close enough. I love this board and can't really relate to some of the others where ppl have only 10-20 pounds to lose, Just made me jealous! Then I read the info and it said they would welcome anyone no matter what theyre weight... and they did and I love it here :)
Kitty