It is my 40th birthday

• and of all the goals I ever set, I thought (when I set it in January) that I cold do 40# by 40. Nope, barely 5. I looked back at a bunch of old logs and calendars and I have been within 5 pounds of my current weight for more than 4 years...since just after my last "baby". So this morning, as I really begin to think more about my health than appearance, I find that I have been taling NSAIDs for a few weeks because of some left hip pain. Hoe ridiculous is that? I need to get it together for real, and will make an honest attempt starting tomorrow morning ( does that sound lame? That I want to have dinner at my mom's first???)

Ok, more of an intro tomorrow, today, just a touch of whine.

• Hi Judy! Welcome aboard.
  • Why don't you bring a huge, healthy, delicious salad to your mom's and make sure half of your plate is salad.

Start TODAY.
  • Quote: Why don't you bring a huge, healthy, delicious salad to your mom's and make sure half of your plate is salad.

Start TODAY.

I agree with this

Happy birthday!!!
  • Quote:
    and of all the goals I ever set, I thought (when I set it in January) that I cold do 40# by 40. Nope, barely 5. I looked back at a bunch of old logs and calendars and I have been within 5 pounds of my current weight for more than 4 years...since just after my last "baby". So this morning, as I really begin to think more about my health than appearance, I find that I have been taling NSAIDs for a few weeks because of some left hip pain. Hoe ridiculous is that? I need to get it together for real, and will make an honest attempt starting tomorrow morning ( does that sound lame? That I want to have dinner at my mom's first???)
    I see some very positive things in this post. First, you have lost 5 pounds since January. Losing 5 pounds is better than gaining 5 pounds, no matter how long it took! Your weight is going in the right direction.

"within 5 pounds of my current weight for more than 4 years" - You have been maintaining instead of gaining, which is something to be pleased with.

I know that you are not happy because you have not lost your 40 pound goal but you can't change the past, just the future. You have shown that you do have some discipline or you would have gained weight. Now, don't beat yourself up, just get going again. Lose that next 5 pounds! I look forward to a post telling us that you have done just that.
  • Happy Birthday! I turn the big 4-0 later this year. Not sure how I will handle it.

You can do it! Keep your chin up!
  • Welcome aboard and happy B-day from another person born on June 28th!
  • This is going to be YOUR year! Make CERTAIN of it. Make this the year that you grab control of your health. Make this the year that you accomplish something astounding. Make this the year to become the best you possible.

Being in the 40's and being fit is absolutely FABULOUS.

Be excited about the changes you are about to make. They're nothing to dread. The dread would be to stay overweight and not live up to your full potential. Discover who you were meant to be.

I look forward to hearing of your progress.
  • What everyone else has said! Welcome! And know that you can do this with determination & committment!!!
  • You can do it. You've successfully maintained a five pound loss. You can do this. Happy birthday.
  • Happy Birthday and welcome aboard.

My this year YOUR year! Start today for your bright tomorrow.
  • Happy Birthday!!!! Good Luck! You can do this!
  • Thanks everyone!!! I did actually hit the deli on the way to mom's for a big salad...which was great, still had some cake but was too full to finish it by then. Hoping for a great day tomorrow! Thank you all for the great welcome!!
  • Happy Birthday!! Great job on the salad!!