but sometimes it's frustrating hitting
a plateau. I've had a couple of
those since my WL journey.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:03 PM   #17  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

If you wish to jump ahead in time, try watching Adam Sandler's movie Click and see what happens.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:16 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Honestly? No.

Spending the year on weight loss has been a journey of self-discovery, and I NEEDED the time to really fully realize the sense of accomplishment, and to get time to really make those changes permanent.

If my fairy godmother had waved away those 100 lbs, I wouldn't have the incredible sense of accomplishment, nor the same respect for the journey.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:17 PM   #19  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubergirl View Post

If my fairy godmother had waved away those 100 lbs, I wouldn't have the incredible sense of accomplishment, nor the same respect for the journey.
And I wouldn't have had a clue what to do with my slim self. Not a clue, and would have turned around and put back each and every precious pound lost and more.

The journey is a necessary thing.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 07:17 AM   #20  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 255.8/238.6/135

Height: 5'2"

Thank you all for the wonderful responses! It's inspiring to know that as you continue, you stop constantly thinking about the next days weight!

Before I read all these posts I didn't think I had any NSV's yet, but something that rockinrobin caught my attention. And I realize throughout my journey so far I am going through a time of self growth and discovery. Before I started calorie counting, I had no idea how to plan meals, or how to spot food items with empty calories. I also never realized how many items at the grocery store had absurd amounts of sodium content.

Something that Ubergirl said caught my attention too.
"If my fairy godmother had waved away those 100 lbs, I wouldn't have the incredible sense of accomplishment, nor the same respect for the journey."
That statement is so true, and I honestly wouldn't know what to do with myself by the end of that journey. I also don't think I would have gained any confidence in myself either because I wouldn't have seen how hard I worked and struggled to get down to my goal weight.
diesirae is offline   Reply With Quote