Hello - Good to find company :)

Geographical Location: Central Virginia

Marital Status: Happily 39 years

Children: 3 Male 37, married - Male 35, married - Female 32, Married ... each has a boy and a girl =ing 6 grandchildren!

Pets: 2 Cats One 22# male - 7 years old, One 8 oz female - six weeks old (just joined our home today!)

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, knitting, crocheting, cross stitching, and writing.

Height: 5'4" (with shoes on!)

Eyes/Hair Color: Brown, Quite gray, LOL.

Starting Date of Weight Loss Journey - Starting (again) today, September 28, 2002.

Present Weight: 295.5

Goal Weight: 145.0

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Discipline to do what I know needs to be done to be successful!

Specific Plan: To eat healthfully, move more, and drink plenty of water. I want to do this *naturally* - some *weigh* that I can eat the rest of my life.

What is different this time from my weight loss efforts in the past? I sick of being this weigh!

Anything else I would like to share?: I am glad that I found you all - and hope someday to learn how to navigate this place! I am having a hard time of it ...

E Mail: [email protected] (Since I get a LOT of garbage mail and am delete key button happy please note in subject line some 'weigh' that I will know not to delete it!)

Thanks, Krickett
  • Hi kricket and welcome to the group

great bunch of people here. (I am so tired i am not able to talk much but welcome i will catch up on you later)
  • Welcome Krickett. I'm sure you'll find help here with everything from inspiration to motivation.

I'm about your height, 232 lbs and a few years older. Two married kids (37 and almost 40), two granddaughters (6 and 2). Not sailing along on the weight loss journey but struggling daily and slowly, slowly losing. I too am working on it on a "for life" basis, doing what exercise I'm able to do, drinking water and eating in a more healthy way but in a way I'll be able to maintain. I've been the route of various diet plans and for me they didnt work long term (or I wouldn't still be here). So far this seems to be working better. Hope it continues.
  • welcome
    Hi, welcome to our group! I just wanted to say come often and post as much as you want. It keeps all of us on the straight and narrow! I am 5'8 and started at 313!! I have lost 60 pounds or so (I keep fluctuating lately) and need to get on the stick! We have a 30 day challenge coming up! Join in!
    laura
  • P.S. - what does EFM stand for?