Accountability, menu, plans, exercise, etc. - week of June 7

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • This is a place where you can put down your plans, menu, exercise and have a chat. Feel free to join in!
  • Hi chicks! Happy Monday.... yesterday was a healthy day. I am grateful for that! I stayed with my plan - despite having a lower back ache. I weighed this morning and am up one pound from my sticker weight. I'd say that's OK (almost a success) since I was gone from home for a week.

plan, log, measure, count calories
    eat seated only
    no licking spoons etc when cooking
    tv off
    fork down between bites
    taste food
    slow mindful eating
    feel fullness
    no seconds

breakfast - pnb toast, morningstar bacon, strawberries

lunch - out with a friend...healthy!

snack - fiber cereal, milk, fruit

dinner - fish, brown rice, salad, evoo, vinegar

snack - rice cakes, lc cheese, blueberries

Lets have a great week. Shout out to mingle, anewcreation, schmoodle, mj, rhonda, peachykeen, slashnl, rakel, dgramie, teraleigh, txmary, and anyone stopping by.
  • I had a bad day on saturday. I cohosted a bridal shower for dear friends daughter and I ate to much.I know it was full of soduim and my scales showed it. Yesterday was a POP day with lots of exercise.
    bev- glad you did well while you were away from home. I know you enjoyed your grandchild. I havent seen my 2 precious grandchildren in over a week and Im having withdrawls!! I keep them 2 days a week during the school year but their mommy is a teacher and home with them for the summer. They live a little over an hour away so looks like we will be heading up there over the weekend. How old is your grandchild? Mine are 20months and 4 months.
    food - breakfast- eggs with veggies
    lunch - salad with grilled chicken (leftovers)
    dinner- grilled porkchop, beets and green
    snack- fruit and cheese
  • Good Morning! Hope everyone is doing well! The scale didn't move for me this week, but I "feel" like I lost weight...if that makes any sense. I know my pants are fitting better today and to me that is what matters!

My knee feels better today, not great, but better. I am going to the gym today. I will go easy, but need to stay w/ my routine.

Have a great OP day everyone!!!!!
  • Good morning!

Today so far I have

B: whole wheat English muffin, Poached egg, slice reduced fat cheese, and smoked turkey breast.

Lunch: Deli chicken sandwich, yogurt, Carrot stick, string cheese and NSA applesauce.

Dinner: Ended up being Tacos. I counted points and I was able to have 3 tacos. I measured everything AND stayed under points! I don't feel hungry.
  • Good morning, ladies!

Beverlyjoy - glad you had a healthy day yesterday & the scale was nice to you after your week away from home!

dgramie - good for you for getting back at it on Sunday!

miz1978 - Good morning!

As for me, yesterday was a healthy day after my derail on Saturday, so I am thankful for that. This week, I am going to try to remove some of the processed/high sodium food from my diet. Starting by replacing my usual frozen dinner for lunch with a healthy, homemade wrap! I'm also going to swap my usual package of flavored oatmeal for 2 hardboiled eggs (one whole, one just the white). I think since I do my workouts in the morning, the extra protein in the morning will be good for me.

Breakfast
    1 whole hardboiled egg
    1 hardboiled egg white
    1 banana

Lunch
    wrap made with a light Flat Out, 2 oz. turkey, 1 oz. ham, 1 wedge light laughing cow cheese & loads of veggies
    sliced cucumbers & 1 T. hummus
    yogurt
    apple

Snack
    yogurt

Supper
    taco salad

Snack
    Skinny Cow 100 cal. ice cream bar

Have a wonderful, healthy day, all!!
  • This weekend and still today I am feeling hungry. On Friday and yesterday I took the kids to the pool. Yesterday we were there for four hours. I am in the pool 3/4ths of the time and when in the pool I am either moving my arms, treading water or swimming back and forth casually. Is this more exercise than I think it is? I ask because the only thing I can think of that is giving me this I am starving feeling is the swimming. I am at the tail end of TOM so it shouldn't be cravings at this point.

So far today I have had:

Coffee with my tasty creamer 90
    Whole Grain toast 140
    Pat and half of butter on toast 54
    1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese 90
    1.5 cup of strawberries

I am still hungry! IT is 11:15 and if I eat lunch now that will be an early lunch. We are going to the pool again today. We bring food with us btw - so while there yesterday I had grapes, a banana, 1 string cheese and 1 oz bag of cheetos. I know the cheetos are empty calories, but I love them 1 oz at a time!

My calories the last two days were on the high end of my allowance. I want today and tomorrow to be on the low end or a little under because I weigh on Wednesday, but I don't know if I can do it feeling this way!
  • Yikes! Yesterday evening was my 'carbapalooza' night. I am not proud and can't even begin to tell you what I ate. Let's just say it put me way over the calorie limit and it wasn't pretty. And, this morning during water aerobics I was feeling the carb hangover. I don't know if there is actually such a thing but I felt puny. I even had to take a nap after class. Pityful

Today is a new day. It's been a good day, on plan and very fruitful. I will not let one bad day derail me!
  • Quote: This weekend and still today I am feeling hungry. On Friday and yesterday I took the kids to the pool. Yesterday we were there for four hours. I am in the pool 3/4ths of the time and when in the pool I am either moving my arms, treading water or swimming back and forth casually. Is this more exercise than I think it is? I ask because the only thing I can think of that is giving me this I am starving feeling is the swimming.
    Sounds like you were swimming for 3 hours. That could make you hungry. Also the Sun, humidity, and heat all could factor. I know that if I am outside in the heat I tend to be more hungry. I don't know why. Most people don't like to eat when they are hot. I have always admitted I am weird!

Today was pretty good for me. I had good energy and I even did all the dishes tonight, and cleaned the counters. Hmmm... probably should do this office next.
  • Today was EXCELLENT. I followed my plan exactly and drank tons of water(probably more than I should have- about 12 glasses but I get thirsty when I work out a lot)

Breakfast- 1 cup GoLean Cereal, 1/2 cup silk light soymilk, 1/4 cup blueberries, 1 tbsp honey

Lunch- 2 slices Sara Lee Light Wheat Bread, 1/4 cup avocado, 1/2 cup lettuce, .75 oz cheddar cheese, 3 bread and butter pickle chips, 1/4 cup sliced cucumber, 2 tsp honey mustard(for one deliciously laden sandwich!) 3 pita chips, and 1 small apple

Snack- 1 stalk celery, 1 tbsp peanut butter

Dinner- 1 cup red kidney beas, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1/2 cup corn

Postworkout snack- 1 small apple

Exercise: W1D1 C25K for 30 minutes and 30 minutes elliptical, plus a good 15-20 minute dog walk on a hill!
  • Hi chicks… Yesterday was a good calorie day. I am always grateful for that.
    Today I am taking it easy. I have a back spasm and I know what I need to do. No bending, lifting, twisting for a few days - along with a couple of meds should do the trick. I need to take some medicine that slows down my weight loss...I am proud of my self for willingness to take it. There was a time when my mind was so 'scale driven' that I would refuse to take the medicine. This is a positive step for me.

plan, log, measure food
    count calories
    eat seated only
    no licking spoons etc when cooking
    tv off
    fork down between bites
    taste food
    slow mindful eating
    feel fullness
    no seconds
    gentle stretches and strengthening

breakfast - open face turkey and lite mayo sandwich, strawberries

lunch - lean pocket, salad with evoo & vinegar

snack - fiber cereal, milk, 1/2 banana

dinner - tuna salad, crackers, green bean salad

snack - sf pudding, rice cake & cheese

peachy keen - glad you had a healthy day. Twelve glasses of water is awesome.

Mizb - good to hear about your good day - I love it too, when the dishes are done! Good food plan!

anew creation - sorry to hear about ‘carbapalooza’. It is over and done - now it’s time to forgive yourself, figure out why, and hop right back on your plan. You can do this.

Txmary - indeed, all that moving around at the pool is exercise. When I seem to truly need food - protein is helpful for me. You are doing great.

Mingle - your new idea about making your own food a bit more often sounds good. It’s amazing how much salt is in processed food.

Mj - kudo’s for better fitting pants!! Glad you know that not all success is measured by that number on the scale.

Dgrammie - so glad you are hopping back on your plan after eating extra at the party. Life happens and we must carry on. My grandson is three and few months. He is four hours away. It’s wonderful that grandchildren live near to you.

Shout out to any folks stopping by.
  • Good morning, Friends!

I'm still on-plan. Today is OP day #15. I'm still eating my 1500 daily calorie menu. Last evening, I finally found my way onto the treadmill and did an hour of walking/wogging. It was tough physically, but felt great mentally.

Quote: And, this morning during water aerobics I was feeling the carb hangover. I don't know if there is actually such a thing but I felt puny.
    Yes! There is definitely such a thing as a carb hangover. I used to get them all of the time. Mine also came with a horrible sinus headache from an allergic reaction to too much sugar.

Quote: I am in the pool 3/4ths of the time and when in the pool I am either moving my arms, treading water or swimming back and forth casually. Is this more exercise than I think it is?
    This is very good exercise. I always get hungry when I play in the water. Just think, you have to work twice as hard to move everything when you're in the water.

Quote: Today I am taking it easy. I have a back spasm ....
    I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope you start feeling much better soon.

Have a great on-plan day!
  • TXMary - swimming makes me ravenous! I'm sure all that activity is contributing to the extra hunger. Maybe try to eat a hair more, but keep it really healthy, whole foods. Something high protein like a light cheese stick & some lean deli meat?

ANewCreation - good for you for getting right back at it! And remember that icky, carb-hangover feeling next time you are tempted to over-indulge (something I am trying to do, too!)

miz1978 - great work on having such a good day yesterday!!

peachykeen - you had an AWESOME day - keep it up!!

Beverlyjoy - I hope your back starts feeling better very soon! Do whatever you need to do to help yourself recuperate. And it's great to hear that your mind is in a place that you do what you need to do for your overall health, instead of just focusing on the scale!

Girlygirl - FIFTEEN days OP!! That is amazing!!!!

As for me, had a healthy day yesterday & have a great start to today. Did my 41st day of exercise in a row today & it was tough. It was a new workout I've never done that had A LOT of jumping in it. I was thankful I made it through alive!

I don't know if one day of me removing processed food really could make a difference, but the scale smiled on me this morning & showed a 1.4 pound weightloss just from yesterday!! I'm hoping it sticks around for my "official" weigh-in on Thursday

Breakfast
    1 whole hard boiled egg
    1 hard boiled egg white
    1 banana

Lunch
    A healthy wrap (same as yesterday)
    apple
    yogurt
    fresh broccoli
    2 T. hummus

Snack
    yogurt

Supper
    high fiber noodles with sliced turkey sausage, diced tomatoes, fresh mushrooms, spinach, garlic, & 2% shredded cheese
    steamed green beans

Snack
    1 light bagel with 2 T. natural peanut butter

Have a wonderful day, ladies!!!
  • Hi, I can't seem to get on program. It seems like I always have this thought in the back of my mind, tomorrow, tomorrow, when I... then I'll..., no more of these. It's time now. So If I record my eats here maybe I can get started again finally. (and made it more than one day.)
  • Thanks friend for all the support and encouragement! I can't believe my weight has only gone up 2oz after Sunday night, but lesson learned and I am moving forward as suggested!

Yesterday was a good day. Today I hit the pool and swim some laps. It's very warm here and I'm looking forward to being in the water!

Have a great day everyone!